Against All Odds(Urban Fiction)

Against All Odds

This story is dedicated to youth and young love. It represents the feel of love, disappointment, lust, responsibility, and forgiveness. I will admit that a lot of this story has some truth to it but I will keep it fresh. Please Enjoy.

Iyana

I’d graduated high school finally and I was ready for college. I didn’t really know what to expect because I didn’t know the first thing about being out of Chicago. I was eighteen and very well educated to have come up in Chicago public schools. I’d only been outside of Illinois once and my first time was for a summer in Dc to spend with my cousins. Now Im leaving to attend college and I didn’t know how to feel. My story is pretty simple. My name is Iyana Shyann Terry. I grew up on the south side of Chicago and i'm proud of it. I aint never really liked school but I went and did my best because I refused to be like my mother. Who had dropped out of high school and struggled to raise me and my little sister as a single parent. My grandmother use to always say that the only way I was gone make any money is if I became a doctor. And I needed and wanted the money. Growing up in a raggedy ass two flat in the hood will make any decent person want better. So I believed my grandma and focused in school so that I could leave the cold streets of Chicago and one day pursue that. However, my sophomore year in high school my grandma died and the stress of that caused me to flunk out that semester. I don’t remember what gave me the motivation to bring up my grades but seeing five F’s on my report card caused me to push a little harder. Naw, Im lying I met Ronnie and he is what gave me the motivation I needed. Ronnie, who at the time every bitch in the neighborhood wanted, was cute. But I somehow caught his eye on my way to the bus stop. He was chocolate with pretty white teeth and a smile that could get him anything. He was real slick with his mouth piece and I loved the game he spat at me. I never one time questioned rather he told all his hoes the same thing, nor did I give a fuck. He had this way with me from the very first time I saw him. Shit, I’d swear we fell in love right on the bus stop on 63rd and western. He lived a few blocks away from me on artesian where every few blocks up that street was a different tree decorated with bears and deflating balloons and posters signed by the hood for a victim gunned down sometimes for no reason at all. And I won’t stunt and pretend Ronnie was anything close to a victim because I was sure he stood behind the pistol a couple times. But I fell for him still and we hit it off easily. Besides the fact that I loved the shit this nigga spat at me, his dick game was right. I mean I was not a virgin when we first started talking and it didn’t take him long to talk my panties off. Before we even made it official that nigga had shown me all about what that dick was about and I fell even harder than I already was. And start using him for that motivation. I would get dicked down after school and be floating the next morning. My grades stayed up and I was definitely bout that life. I attended night school and Saturday school to make up the grades I’d missed and got back on track. I’d managed to get my grade point average to a 3.7 and kept it there. On top of that I was very into extracurricular activities at school. Anything to keep from being home where gunshots were a part of the sun set. The track team, the book club, the step team and my favorite the cheerleading team. And by my junior year, I was head cheerleader. I enjoyed the rest of my time in High school as Captain and was looking forward to the college experience but there was one thing that continued to give me doubts. And that was the fact I’d be leaving my family, friends, and my man behind to attend Howard University. And my new home would be Washington Dc.

{Short but relax. Yo girl gone upload daily. Does it sound interesting yet? Come on be straight up. Talk to me-Kane}