Remember or Forget? (Ryan X Reader)

Based on the ending of We Happy Few. Might be multiple parts.

Third Person POV

It had been years since he passed away. They made (Y/n) take some sort of pills to make her forget everything. She didn't want to at first, but after the first one, she couldn't remember why she was told to take them. Since she didn't see a reason to not too she didn't object. They said they make the pain go away. What pain?

Lewis, Rhys, Will, and Baz/other Ryan couldn't bare to see her like this though. They knew it was for the best though and acted like there was nothing missing. Acting like it was always just them five. She could never remember now, could she? They thought not, she wouldn't after so long. They were wrong though. One day changed it all...

Y/n's POV

Today was normal for me, well, it was until now. I hadn't taken my medication yet when I was looking through some old stuff I had and found a weird news paper from years ago. I picked it up and the headline read, "Young male by name of Ryan [insert his last name if anyone knows] dies in car wreck." As soon as I read it I felt my head pound with pain, as if remembering something. I then had a flashback where I couldn't see a thing yet heard everything. I heard myself yelling, screaming for help while in pain, sounding like I was trying to wake someone up.

I only had it for about a minute and it faded quickly. I looked towards my medicine bottle with two options in my head. 'Remember, or forget.' Soon enough I put the medicine bottle in a cabinet and grabbed my jacket and shoes. 'This is why Baz was other Ryan for a while longer.' You thought as you quickly headed out the door with the news paper folded neatly in my hand, heading to Rhys' house quickly. I needed to know more about what I forgot.

Soon enough I got there and quickly knocked on the door, trying to catch my breath. Soon enough Rhys opened the door and looked at me. "Hey Y/- H-hey, are you okay?" He said, starting off happy but then ended with a worried tone. "You know what, come on in. We'll get you some tea/coffee and you can tell me what happened." He said as he pulled you into the house and shut the door behind you.

You pulled your arm out of his hand and looked at him as he looked at you surprised. "Rhys. What did those pills make me forget!?!" You asked and held out the news paper to him, shaking slightly as you did so. Rhys looked at you confused before taking the news paper and reading it, seeming in shock at what he was reading. "Don't you dare say you forgot too! I know you remember! I just know it!" You said shaking still.

Rhys looked at you before sitting you down. "You need to have all of us in one place first of all. I'll get the others. Okay?" He asked and you thought a moment before nodding, still in a bit of shock at what you had decided to remember. Razz nodded and quickly went to go get his phone and tell them.

It took about half an hour but soon enough Baz, Lewis, and Will all were there along with you and Rhys. "Y-you're saying she remembers!?! Yet she never told us!?!" Lewis asked as the small group of boys talked to each other in the kitchen. "I think she just remembered today actually. She still had one of the news papers with the story as the headline." Rhys explained and handed the news paper to Lewis.

Soon after a bit of talking the boys walked into the living room where you were and Will looked at you. "Well!?!" You said looking at them in expectancy. Will looked at the others before sighing. "We all have a lot of explaining to do Y/n. But we'll try to make sure that you understand it all by the end of it." Will said as they all sat down on the two couches with Rhys and Baz at your left and right sides. 

It took a while but it was soon enough fully explained as to what the pills did to you, what you forgot by taking the pills, how long ago the accident happened actually happened, and what happened during the accident, which you kinda got the conclusion you were in it as well from the flashback but now it was just confirmed by the conversation you guys had. As you guys talked you drank some tea/coffee made by Rhys and soon enough got questioned right after you had zoned out.

"So Y/n, it's your choice now. Will you decide to remember the conversation we just had? Or will you go back to your pills and forget. Some people aren't like us. We don't get by easily and we don't know if you are one of those people or not but everyone learns something new everyday even out of school. Some people learn they are stronger than what they thought and others learn it's easier to let go. So once you get home, it's your last chance to make the final decision." Baz said looking at you.

You all played video games to get your minds off the dark subject and you walked home alone that night, not wanting anyone's input on the decision that had to be made. Once you got home you looked around one last time, knowing the decision had to be made. Will you remember, or forget like you did before? Forgetting would mean forgetting most of today and wondering where it went. Remembering.... What is remembering this going to do? Just give you another thing to look back on?

That's all. The ending to We Happy Few was sad and if you thought this was a bit sad then that's probably why. If you guys wanna see endings to each decision let me know but for now, later guys!