Backstabber

***MY WORK, "NOBODY'S GIRL" IS VERY SIMILAR TO 'BACKSTABBER'***

Hey, this work is being entered into #Wattys2014 so please show your support by voting for it and sharing it on social media sites including facebook, twitter and Wattpad - spread the word! If you do share it then please make sure to include the tag: #Wattys2014 and nominate it. Thank you all!

The entry with the most votes and shares will be nominated as the winning entry so every vote and share counts :D

Also, I'd love to read any comments below!

[If you like this, you see that star symbol? PRESS IT... It means you've voted for my story which I'd really appreciate. Thanks!]

Dedicated to @irrelevant- for the lovely cover! Thank you! :D

Backstabber

I used to see you sitting on the sofa of our small flat.

You'd nod your head at me whenever I walked past, but you'd never acknowledge me in any other way. Thinking back on it it's heartbreaking really.

To know how that led to my current predicament...

I'm tracing my fingertips along the window, following the rain drops. My breath is fogging up the glass.

They say there's a storm coming.

I just thought you should know that beacuse it's your fault that I'm here. Stuck. But I bet you don't care.

My breath hitches as I hear the sound of the nurse walking along the corridor.

She's coming.

Her steps are loud, echoing harshly off the wooden flooden boards. When she bursts in, she's dragging that cursed trolley behind her.

It's time for my medicine.

I sit up but only just. I don't have the energy to be here anymore.

'It's time for you medicine, Lola.' The nurse smiles at me.

Of course it is. But you knew that it would come down to this didn't you? You'd  planned it all along.

I can just never figure out why...

Carefully she pulls up my sleeve - as if she's fearful that I will snap if she tugs too hard - and injects the poison into my body. They call it medicine.

At first I feel nothing but after several moments I become slightly drowsy. They're taking effect.

'That's better.' Her tone is sickening. It reminds me of the voice one may use when they have soothed a crying child or fixed a broken toy. But I am neither, except perhaps broken.

'You trapped me...'

My inner voice is speaking to you, whispering of the betrayal. I can hear it even if you can't.

Don't you realise that you hurt me in the worst possible way? Betrayed me?

'Backstabber...' It whispers. I agree with it.

When the nurse finally leaves I slump myself against the headrest. I don't want to be here but I have no choice; for me there's no such thing as a choice anymore, not since they locked me in here...