Remembrance.

See? This is how much I love you guys. I've written ANOTHER part and to be honest I'm scared about this part too. :3 So, the same applies - if it ruins the piece overall then tell me and I will take it down. Otherwise.... Enjoy!

This is dedicated to Arwen08, who, like @graecoraze and @Lonelyartist13 has given me much encouragement to keep this going! So here you go guys! *Hugs* XD

Remembrance.

'Who are you?' My voice didn't tremble like I thought it would. Like it should have.

No response. You tilted your head at me as if to say, 'It's none of your business.'

The house was silent, pitifully so. My parents weren't there to check on what I was doing - there was just an emptiness that made me feel alone.

'Who are you?' I said again. You ignored me.

But then I heard something. It was a soft murmur, echoing throughout the depths of my mind.

'I need your help...' You seemed to say.

It was then that I noticed your posture had changed.

My eyes widened as your back straightened and you stared at me with a newfound intensity that watered my eyes. I knew you had spoken to me, although you hadn't spoken out loud.

'What did you say?' I asked you.You still ignored me. Tentatively I sat on the sofa beside you and you turned your head to watch as I sat.

I ached for you to say something but the silence stretched on for so long that I shifted uncomfortably.

And then the unthinkable happened...

I stare up at the ceiling.

It's the reason that I'm locked up in here. You know, they think that what I saw wasn't real but it was.

Whenever I'm injected with the poison they call medicine, what happened seems a little less real.

'But it happened...'. My inner voice whispers almost joyfully.

That's what I must remember. It happened.

How I wish you were here...

***

Pain, bright lights flashing in the sky; explosions.

That's what you decided to show me when I looked at you then. Your eyes were so deep, almost soulless. Like you'd lost yourself in the process of death... so much pain...

A war, I'd decided.

That's what had killed you.

A war.

Of course I'd guessed that before, when I first saw your face.

But when I smiled at you gently, for that split second you smiled back, accepting my reassurance. But then it was gone, and you were back to looking blank...

'A war.' I whisper now.

That's how you died...

I wish you had let me help you.