Chapter 30 : His Blood

Sorry for the short chapter guys, I was having a bit of writers block. Thank you for reading though and hope you enjoy!!

Francesco, leaning back on his chair, alone in his tent that was strut along side with the army camped outside vasilisa , contemplating whether he made the right choices. Allegiance with the Gronzerichs gave him the power and the army he needed to go against Swiok Frary. But is it the right thing to do?

"Still thinking are you?" Marya his wife, called in to him as she entered the tent.  She caught his attention. Bringing him back to the real world, getting his mind off of what's about to happen.

"Marya, I am doing the right thing, am I not?"
Marya let out a sigh as she slowly walked towards her husband. She looked at him lovingly, seeing the confusion and pain in his eyes, the look she knows all too well.
She sat on the corner of the table, and caressed his cheeks.

"Do you remember when Isabelle was born? It was the most celebrated day of my existence. And the happiest day in Swiok Frary, do you remember?. It was the first time I saw you truly smile, and then you held her. The tiny Isabelle, you held her in your arms, ill never forget that look in your face. Do you remember?"

Francesco, staring into his wife's eyes, felt a smile on his face as he remembered that day, that day was important to him, his whole family under one roof. The day he first held a newborn baby. His first niece. His blood.

"I do"

"What did you feel?"

"I... I wanted to protect her, with all the power in me" he was surprised with the own words that came out of his mouth. The same little infant he felt so much love for, he's going to war against.

"You loved her as if she was your own, and then you wanted one of your own... and we tried didn't we? Secretly in Alberts chamber" Marya said while she giggled, remembering the happier days of her life with the man she loved. Francesco let out a small laugh with his wife.

"They would've been the same age, Charlie and Isabelle, I know you would've loved them both the same"

Francesco didn't like what he was hearing, because it was the truth. Wanting the crown corrupted his head, made him blind of what's truly important. He never got to make amends with his older brother. Does he really want to make the same mistake again? Seeking the crown, at what cost? Against his own blood.

"Much to think about, isn't it" Marya asked him as she slowly made her way to sit on her husbands lap.

"Do the right thing. For Charlie, for me, for you"

He felt her love all around him as he embraced her once more. Reconciling with his wife was by far the only good thing that has happened to him since the death of his only child.

He does have much to think about it. What he has to lose.

"Wait, I have something too" Lena said, catching everyone's attention. She lifted both her arms and started to focus on them. As if she's waiting for something to happen. Within seconds both her arms caught on fire. The fire lingering through her skin only becoming bigger.

The queen couldn't get any more shocked as she became worried for Lena, assuming she'd be in pain, only to find her rejoicing. This is what she wanted to show.

"You, you're on fire? You can-"
"Yes you're majesty, I'm the Phoenix, that means I can conjure fire. First it was just my palms, eventually I can do my whole body" the fire slowly started to fade away and back to how it was. 

"This is, amazing. I... I think I have too much to process here"

"So what about you? You shed skin?" Jacob sneered at Aedric

"I can do more than you ever can with just my bare hands". "Oh I'm sure you can"

They don't ever stop, how are we going to work as an army when two of the most important men are bickering at each other like children.

"If I hear you two at each other again, you both will be scullery maids for a day" Isabelle hissed at both the men, who was quite taken back at how stern she can really be.

The queen stormed back into the castle, as she was met with Richard.

"Is everything done?"
"Yes your grace, all that's left is us, the castle works and our army"
"Good"

"Your grace are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Richard said as he's looking up at the sky, squinting his eyes trying his best to see clearly

"Yes... what is that? An eagle?"

"AYMON YOU BEAUTY!!!" Came in Aedric's scream far off into the grounds,

"Dear god....it's a hydra"