Chapter 22 : The King's Arrival

"Your grace, he's here" My heart jumped the minute Richard interrupted me in the council room

"Your grace, he's here" My heart jumped the minute Richard interrupted me in the council room. No one knows of Aedric's visit aside from me, Richard and Jacob. Keeping his arrival a secret from the entire kingdom wasn't as easy as I thought it could be. what could I tell the court officials and the butlers and maids why I want the entire castle decorated and cleaned. I have to say I'm bad at lying, If it wasn't for Jacob and Richard covering for me every time I was left stuttering as to why I keep asking Richard if a ship has arrived yet, everyone would've known of Aedric. I cant say I was waiting for to see him again. it's been almost a week since I sent the raven, and it would only take two days to get here. I was anxious, and my heart pounces remembering out last meeting.

"You seem... nervous" I looked to my side as I was walking to the main entrance of the castle to see Jacob casually walking next to me, giving me a warm smile, something I definitely needed.

"I'm... I'm not. why would I be?"

"I don't know your grace, you tell me" this man is really trying to get smart with me. Jacob smirked at me, briefly taking my mind off of the fact that Aedric has finally arrived.

With the two guards behind me and Jacob walking next to me, I shouldn't be at all worried should I? there's nothing for me to be nervous for.

"I'm not nervous Jacob, if I was, it would've helped if you kept your word and taught me swordsmanship"

"Your grace, practice starts at dawn, but, you're never awake by then" I gave Jacob a sheepish smile. thats right, I never wake up that early. I doubt I physically can.

"Who is even awake at that time you monster" . "I train at dawn queen, that's the best time" we both started to giggle and I could see his face turn a little red...strange. I can see a slight tint of red flash across his bearded cheeks.

I could see the redness in his cheeks and his smile fade away as he looked in front of us, I followed his gaze to find Aedric standing at the end of the stairway that leads to the main entrance of the castle, my heart immediately started to pounce again. I'm seeing him again, and I don't know why I feel this way. Next to him was a man who looked about as young as 25, clean shaven face, short hair with a strong jawline and wearing loose clothes made for a sailor, accompanied with four bodyguards. Aedric and the rest started climbing the steps to the castle, as he got closer and closer I could see from the corner of my eye that Jacob tenses. The more Aedric got closer the more I felt my heart beat faster and faster. I could feel my face heat up. get a grip of yourself moron. This is embarrassing.

As Aedric took the final step and was standing right in front of me, his eyes not leaving mine, there was nothing but silence, he was eyeing me, from bottom to top. Studying me almost, as If he wants to remember every inch of me to never forget me ever again, followed with a warm smile that I never forgot since the last time we met.  I feel as if I know him, I know everything about him personally, yet this is the second time we meet. Second official time. I know he's a Hydrevian but there's more to it, I just know it