Drawings on the walls

I made a Jake point of view. I don’t have a life I know… Oh and the song I quoted is on the side.

JAKE POV

My phone started ringing. Jinxx face showed and I answered. “Hello.” “Hey Jake, do you mind go over to my house and pick up Liz Sketchbook and pencils. She needs it badly.” We all know that Liz needed her sketchbook. She had it whit her everywhere. It was her way of letting go of the pain and we didn’t want her to start cutting. The beating in school was bad enough. She was like family to us. She was there for us and we were there for her. “Yeah, sure. Anything else you want me to pick up?” I asked.”Hmmm, some clothes and that’s it I think. Tanks bro” he said then hung up. “Ella, want to go over to Jinxx and pick up some stuff for Liz?” I yelled. “Will be finished in a second.” She came running down the stairs and grabbed my hand. “Shall we go then hun?” She was wearing some black jeans and white tank top. Her hair hung over her shoulders and was wavy. I grabbed my cars keys. I started the engine and drove to Jinxx house. The key had they hidden in a flower pot. I opened the door and walked in. Ella stood in the door whit an expression on her face that was a mix of sadness and pain. “Don’t you want to come in?” I asked as I put my hand in hers. She squished my hand. “Let’s just grab Liz things and head to the hospital?” I lead her to Liz room.

Her room had white walls and a white carpet. Her drawings where all over the walls and there was some black details that make the room more like her. Her bed was close to the large window, whit black sheets. I went over to a bookshelf and grabbed a new sketchbook and her pencils were laying on her white desk. Ella had walked over to one of her walls and stared on one of the drawings. “Jake? Have you seen this?” Her eyes was teary and her voice wasn’t steady. She pointed at sheet of paper. There was some writing on it and a drawing of Ella and me. It was so beautiful, we were sitting in a bush whit roses and I was holding around Ella. I moved my head and I found a painting on the floor. I picked it up and looked at it.     

There was some writing on it. It said:’ Sometimes you gotta fall before you fly.’ Whit an angel whit black wings sitting on the ground. She was leaning her head back and had closed her eyes and was smiling. Ella stood next to me. “Why haven’t she put it on the wall?” I wondered out loud. Ella took it out of my hands and placed it on the floor up against the wall. I made my way over to her closet and picked some sweatpants and a Falling in Reverse t-shirt. Grabbed a bag and walk down the stairs. Ella was all ready in the hall and looked at the floor. There where blood stains on the floor. Yester day is a blur. I remembered the drawing Jinxx showed us. I remembered Liz was lying on the floor whit her head in Jinxx lap and he said over and over again that she couldn’t leave him. And that I called the ambulance. Not more. I couldn’t understand that Liz was bullied at school. She was the most caring girl I never known. She had a smile on her mouth every day. She was different in the way she dressed form so called 'normal' persons. But still, I, I just don’t get it.                 

“How she holding up?” I asked Sammi and Jinxx when we arrived at the hospital. “I think she is in big needs of her sketchbook. She has stopped talking, Jake. I am just scared of what goes true her head.” Sammi said whit sadness in her voice.” She, she just don’t want to talk. So please make it easy for her, when you walk in there.” Jinxx said.  I nodded and gave them a hug. I walked down the hall whit Ella in my hand. I knocked at her door and opened. What I saw in there was not a good thing. “LIZ!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.