Insanity Truce

SO WINREE, this is for you. I hope you feel better xx

I'm hard at work on writing new chapters for the book that is about to come out. I got low Amazon ratings due to people reading it on here and then thinking there will be something new in the books so... wish granted. The chapters will end up on here (for all you awesome kids) but after the book comes out hopefully next month some time. I hope to have at least another 10 chapters, including the concert with the hostel oldies, Frank in the city, Graverobbing and a whole new reveal on old Outlaw's background that go beyond what;'s on here at date of release.

This chapter is about building relationships a bit more ( Sorry it's short - it's half of the full one)

"An Insanity Truce has been offered forth and accepted!" Jaime yells causing everyone else to twist tired heads to see what the hell he's talking about. It's a pretty bad find to catch the almost instantaneous awareness in the surprised gazes.

Nathan's top lip curls, he despises any word that may originate from the base word 'insane' directed our way. One lady, a psychologist from the city, came years ago part of this government intervention project and muttered that word over and over as she staggered away from the 'session' she had with Nathan and I. Pop had assured us that we could only have been perceived that way due to our upbringing outside of normal social constructs and she, being bought up well within those walls, could not get her head around us. I personally thought it was probably Daryl's food or maybe that we let a few 'choice' pet specimens we offered her to take home; in hindsight maybe a feral pig and a little croc weren't decent selections for the city. I shake my head at Nat to say it's not what you might think and at Jaime, who suddenly seems quite at ease with Sam and Noah, like competing and losing to D of all people has tossed them all in this Boys Club where the members are now best buddies.

"Yeah. Celebrations should definitely occur," Sam snides sarcastically.

"They should," Jaime tries to jump up but slips down and lies there supine for a second, breathing heavily. "We," his free arm waves to everyone lying in varying positions, "are the safest people in the area! We can walk on both sides now! Noah and Seth are in our... posse. Cheers, Av!" The word posse seemed to hold its own question.

"Okay," I smile at him, not really getting that he wouldn't walk anywhere he wanted to in the first place. "Strut it!"

Jaime just nods as if he is literally striding past someplace he normally didn't have the guts to go in his mind. Rockin' it too.

"Where are you going venture first?" Noah asks him, without turning his head. It's odd for Noah to entertain even the idea of conversation about these types of things with others. Maybe Sam did get a few in to his head.

"The Avenue," Jaime replies instantly.

Nathan and I don't hold back our matching giggle. "Sounds riveting."

"Please," scoffs Wade, sticking up for Jaime. "Bet Sam wouldn't go there first up."

Nat raises an eyebrow, "What is this Avenue?"

"It's just a street near the othersides' beach." Sam replies offhandedly. "How much?" He uses his legs to scoot into a better position to watch Wade.

"Fifty bucks," he nods in agreement to Jaime who adds, "Without Noah or Avalon – "

"—Or him," Wade interjects, jerking a thumb towards Nat.

"Done," Sam says with a smirk that make me think he'd thought of all the loop holes to that bet that had ran through my mind.

"Can't wait!"
"Hold on, so were you on Sam and Seth's side in the beginning?" I ask remembering how much they didn't like the two school terrors.

They look perplexed, "No?" They retort in unison.

"Then I don't get it." I throw my hands up.

"They were never seen as targets to us," Sam explains. "More like ... flies. Annoying."

"Were they a target to your side, Noah?" I try to make sense of this in my mind.

He smiles a good millimeter, shaking his head, "Bit below my radar, fellas."

"So, all along you could have walked wherever you wanted?"

Jaime and Wade exchange confused glances.

"Ah, good old communication," Nathan chuckles. "Excluded from all the good stuff, yet again."

"And doesn't posse mean we are all on the same team?" I ask, staring straight at Jaime and Wade who look rather sheepish. "Seems like you want a bit of carnage." I indicate to the exhausted Sam.

They start to fiddle with the tarp. Sam hmpfs... "Old habits..." he sniffs.

"Anyway, I better take a snap of this momentous day for evidence sake," I grin teetering on the edge to reach my arm out above them. Noah and Sam's heads are almost touching, like they are leaning in toward each other in front of a blue backdrop. So endearing, they destroy the moment by grimacing as I grab a shot. "Aw, so cute," I gush dramatically, hoping they think they didn't wreck it. "Those fruit costumes really have rubbed off on you guys." Sam growls and tries to get up. He slips and lands on top of Noah who emits a loud oompf before trying to hurl Sam off. Instead, yet again, it sure looks like they are up to no good.

"Learning to accept love is the first step to a full life, monster," I chide waggling my finger. I like calling him monster, it suits. "Stop feeling his boobs, though, makes the cows jealous." His eyes flick to mine and for a moment I think about launching down there in place of Sam's exact position. Bloody octopus!

"Shut up, Av!" Sam snaps trying to desperately get hold of the side as well as a foot hold. Nathan who has been slipping over on his back, lifts a foot against Sam's butt to shove him out of the pool, straight in to a pile of dust. Sam goes nuts trying to rub it off only to smear it everywhere. I can tell his temper is rising like a rocket zooming to space with every swipe. He gets jerky and his face goes beetroot red.

Harry points to the trough where two cows are happily sucking up the water. "Don't touch their boobs though, son." He warns. "They aren't that sort."

"Don't cry, Sam," Wade taunts, obviously feeling the Boys Club vibe returning with his new view on his verified safety. "Once your photos are printed there will be plenty of boob feeling but in the meantime dirt and manly love will make you so much more stronger, therefore, extra attractive!"

Sam, totally out of the OCD cleanliness blue he thrives in, prizes up a huge dryish cow pad and hurls it at Wade like a frisbee. It splinters everywhere like a clay target raining on everyone in the stairway pool causing another bout of screaming, slippery chaos.

"I've heard that swimming in shit also helps," Sam scowls moving to the other trough. "You're welcome."