Chapter 3 - Just go with it

Thank you Bloodrose19 for the awesome banner!

Avalons POV.

"It's a date, Av." Jaime pokes me in the side causing me to stifle a grunt from the pain. I flick his poky hand away with a droll look.

"I think Av kind of wants it to be a date," Ruth teases, as I give her a sideways glance. I turn to look at everyone as they are positioned along the trestle table thing D set up at the markets. They are all staring at me trying desperately to hide huge grins.

"Yeaahahhhh because dates means kissing," Tina fans herself. "And who in their right mind wouldn't want to kiss that hunk?"

D chuckles and bumps me gently with her shoulder.

"Ah, most people that value their lives," Wade rolls his eyes. "So actually everyone in their right minds wouldn't."

"It's not a date, it's dinner." I hedge, wondering if I do want it to be a date because if it was a date it would mean something wouldn't it? And I do want it to mean something. I just don't want to be kissing a guy and not mean something. I know he's hung around and helped but that's something friends do too. There'll be no more kissing until I know.

"Text him and ask, woman." Wade throws a tenner on the table. "I'll bet it's a date."

"Righto," I pull out my phone then pause looking blankly at the screen. "What do I write?"

"Is tonight a date?" Ruth laughs. 

My mouth pulls down, thinking that that may just make him wonder what he should answer. As I'm terribly experienced in this, I cave. I want to know. 

Umm Noah? -(a)

Tina giggles as she peers over my shoulder, bouncing up and down. "She just wrote, 'Umm Noah?'" Every one ribs me.  If it wasn't for the fact my stomach insides feel like they are being scraped out with a rusty spoon, and my kidney feels the size of an orange I would be having the best day. I love hanging with these guys plus Outlaw allowed Noah and I to brush him without staggering off (either he was too buggered or decided to tolerate our presence because we fed him while we did it - but still) and the minis accepted carrots.

I mean I am, I'm pretty good at ignoring pain, but period pain just makes me want to throw a sausage in my pants and grow a real beard to fool nature for the few days it tortures me. I hate them, they hurt so much. Combine that with whatever damage I've got going on in my side and I'm having to be really working on being a happy camper.

D had noticed earlier and even though I down played it she dosed me up with some panadol, it took the edge off at least... for awhile.

My phone whistles. Get it over with, come on. Tease me some more about the bull. -n

I grin thinking of how that just made Harry and Flea's day. I've only mentioned to D that he talked, she didn't seem surprised.

"What happened with the bull?" Wade reads the message. 

"I can give you the experience first hand when you drop me back at Harry's if you want," I elbow him. Funnily enough, he backs right off. I blow out a breathe that cools my forehead. 

I'll save that for when it's needed ;) I'll probably start that convo like this. You can either do  blah blah or I'll bring up the bull episode. My family is big on blackmail :) It's in my blood, I will not apologize.  About tonight... is it like a date? -a

I stare at the message, not sure whether to send it. I thought it was just plain old dinner until I mentioned it to the gang here. They went straight into what was I wearing, how I was going to do my hair... all this stuff that freaked me out. Only D didn't say anything.