GRIM REAPER: Take 1

This was going to be a longer one but decided yet again that I would post it early - due to being in exam time and I wont get to post for a bit... 

(Hope you can imagine it - Its not greatly fleshed out like normal - sorry)

"Let me look at you," Nat whispers after I don the costume in a dark doorway outside of the ward I was  doomed to enter. He stands back and studies me totally unimpressed. "I don't think a dwarf Grim Reaper is scary."

I cross my arms, "Hey," I start and almost jump out of my bloody skin. My voice wasn't mine, it was contorted to sound like a twisted concoction of Darth Vader, Jimmy Barnes and E.T. 

Nathan grins, "It has a digital voice thingo embedded in the mask. Fricken awesome hey?"

"Real awesome," I say, goosebumps erupting over my skin. It's not a voice you would want to hear in your dreams that's for sure.

"It was from a horror movie the guy said," Nathan fiddles around with my dress, trying unsuccessfully to hem it.

"Where did you get this from?" my voice grates like pure evil into the air.

"The same place as your angel wings, I saw the number on the tag. I rang. He delivered."

"Oh yeah, that shop rocks," I nod. "I got myself a giant vaggyna (sorry have to spell incorrectly or they'll R rate me) from there too."

How it comes out sounds absolutely ridiculous, Nathan cracks up and falls on the floor in a fit of laughter. I might be able to lower the scare factor down enough not to kill people with the addition of humour, I just have to figure out what else would sound crazy for a Grim Reaper to say.

"Why?" He sits up still choking. 

"Remember?" I prompt grabbing the sickle and pointing it at him. I'm kind of getting in to this now, I can feel the Grim taking over me. "That Amanda girl, I could gut her but it's a lot more fun to hit such hideous people where it hurts."

He pulls himself up. "Av, I have to see the Vagyyna."

"Suddenly,"I scowl behind the mask. "I can think of an answer to the name a thing a teenage boy likes or whatever it was."

"Teenage boy? Haven't been one for five years plus I grew up on a farm I'm scarred for life," Nat scoffs. "But I have an idea to really drive home the point. You'll get my pun later. I'll do it tonight. Later. I'll be bored anyway."

"You'll break into the school?" I hedge not wanting him to get into trouble. "You don't even know where it is."

"Please, three words. Google Maps. Taxi."

I cross my arms again and let my mask stare at him impassively imaging him hauling a giant vagyyina into a taxi. Totally for that.

"Well don't get a hair in your mouth as you carry it," I laugh, loving the way this mask distorts my voice.

"How big are the hairs?" Nathan screws his face up.

"Noodle size. I'd be guessing and real wiry. "I grin behind the mask at his face. "You'll have to cover it up and get dropped off further down."

"You're not the only one who has been tortured with CSI shows," he winks at me. "You look too small. They won't think you're for real."

"I don't think my size will worry them when they see a grim reaper walking around with a IV drip," I roll my hidden eyes.

"I thought I'd get this for sure. You should get on my back," he hunches down. "The dress and trolley will hide the movement."

"What the hell," I mumble and climb on, he stabilizes me at once.