5) Silent Understanding

Oric hated when his brothers fixated on things, things that involved him. He hated when they wouldn’t stop asking questions and demanding answers. He hated it when they wanted to know personal things, his sex life was one of those many things he hated they insist on preying on, circling like actual wolves and looking for the soft spots to make him squirm.

  “Come on Oric just tell us.” Ciro insisted as he poked Oric’s cheek for the millionth time.

  “No.” Oric said defiantly.

  “I’m not moving until you do.” Rico said from his perch on top of Oric who was lying flat on his stomach with Rico straddling him. He kept his hand firmly planted on Oric’s shoulders to keep him from moving too much. Ciro was lying next to Oric poking his cheek repeatedly.

  “Come on, you know you want to.” Ciro insisted.

  “No I don’t.” Oric responded.

  “Oric! Why did you bring the human?” Rico growled then, putting more pressure on his back. Oric groaned and bucked at him though getting nowhere with a dark pelt who was much stronger them him.

  “Get off me.” Oric whined weakly.

  “Don’t make us pull that darker pelt card on you O.” Ciro warned. Oric glared at him quietly staying defiant. Ciro narrowed his eyes at him and sat up. “He’s not budging.” Ciro told Rico who nodded and hauled Oric to his feet. Oric yelped at the sudden movement expecting some sort of creative thinking from his brothers that was going to involve a lot of pain for him.

  But no, Rico let Oric go and followed Ciro out of the room. Oric stood there for a moment just listening to their feet stomp down the stairs. Oric suddenly realized what they were doing and chased after them.

  “Don’t you dare touch him!” Oric snapped flying down the stairs after them only to be snatched up by Rico and slammed into the wall.

  “Then tell us!” He hissed. Oric yelped and flinched in pain. Ciro stood behind Rico looking a bit sympathetic. Rico didn’t reserve the rough housing to just Oric Ciro had been tossed around like a rag doll plenty of times.

  “Okay fine.” Oric gave in. “He asked.” Rico and Ciro stared at their younger brother and both frowned at the same time. Rico shoved Oric one last time before pulling away.

  “Push over.” He huffed out and crossed his arms. Oric rubbed his arms and shrugged. Ciro rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his thick black hair that he and his brothers all inherited from their father. They all also had dark green eyes except Oric had a noticeable lighter shade.

  “Well geez I was hoping for something juicy…Unless…You’re lying to us.” Ciro said pointing an accusing finger at Oric who frowned.

  “No, Oric would never lie to us.” Rico said simply, “He’s a white pelt.” Ciro hesitated before dropping his hand and sighing.

  “Oh right.” Oric hated being a light pelt not to mention he was youngest, it was awful sometimes.

  “Shouldn’t you three be going to visit Donna right about now?” Lora asked poking her head into the foray curiously.

  “We were just on our way out love.” Ciro said. Lora frowned at him.

  “You’re going in your pajamas?” Lora asked taking in the three appearances. Oric was the only one wearing a shirt which happened to be a muscle shirt while both Rico and Ciro wore pajama pants.

  “Well you see.” Ciro started but Lora cut him off, “Don’t try explaining it just go get ready.” She said before disappearing back into the kitchen. After a moment Rico and Ciro looked back to Oric.