2) White is the Color of Purity

Oric was staring at the wall of the plastic tent and listening to the quiet breathing of his patients, the echoing beeps of the machines and the beat of his own heart drumming along with the rest of the noises in the hospital clinic, mixing like a rhythmic dreary chorus of the hospital.

  Oric never liked the scent of death that clung to hospitals and the sights bothered him but the sounds were mesmerizing. They were always so captivating, the sound of heart beats strong and unweaving despite the bodies conditions. Oric could always pick out certain ones that were about to give out, it was sad but always so mesmerizing.

  Right now Oric was sitting in a quarantine tent with ten others. An out brake of a super natural sickness has been going around they’ve called it the Fairies Bite. Oric has never seen anything like it. Victims start with hallucinating weird things like orbs of light, then comes the bouts of hysterical and uncontrollable laughter that lasts hours at a time and eventually they fall asleep where no one haven’t woken up yet. Oric wasn’t sick he’d been tasked with watching the sleeping patients, it was in the middle of the night now and not a single patient has moved since he arrived in the clinic three days ago.

  It was hard to treat someone when you’ve no idea where they got sick or what it’s doing to them. Ultimately Oric is being used as a watch dog incase nut jobs are looking to cut open these sleeping victims and harvest their organs for the black market. There were benefits of a clinic that had a resident werewolf on hand. He didn’t mind, though it hurt when people made jokes behind his back when they thought he couldn’t hear.

  Oric had been sitting there for hours and his ass was going numb, he was considering getting up and just wondering about in wolf form when Luther walked in, unzipping the zipper and stepping in carrying a white paper bag and a to-go mug. Oric looked over and sat up straighter in his chair and pretended to be reading the book he had resting on his chest. It was some old romance novel a nurse had dropped off for him. Luther was wearing a medical mask as where Oric was not, Oric couldn’t get sick from whatever this was so there was no point in covering up.

  “Hey.” Luther greeted casually as he walked over and lifted up the paper bag, “I brought a late night snack for you and coffee don’t forget the coffee.” Oric smiled lightly in response.

  “I don’t drink coffee but thank you for the food.” He said taking the bag gratefully.

  “Oh, well then this is for me.” Luther said withholding the mug and pulled up a chair next to Oric while Oric rummaged through the bag which had a wrapped up sandwich and a bag of baby carrots. “So, how long are you stationed out here?” Luther asked curiously.

  “As long as I want, I’m not on contract or anything.” Oric said as he pulled the baby carrots out and opened them.

  “Wow, Really?” Luther asked in surprise to which Oric nodded and munched on the carrots.

  “I’m a werewolf nobody is going to want me to stay for very long to write up a contract.” Oric explained with a shrug.

  “Well…I wouldn’t mind having you around longer. Oh and I made the sandwich myself.” Luther said and leaned back in his chair unashamed. Oric looked over to him and smiled lightly.

  “Thanks.” He said and took a bite of the sandwich, it wasn’t that great. Oric hesitated but ate it anyway.

  “So how do you like it?”

  “It’s good.” Oric lied, Luther laughed and shook his head but said nothing in response. Oric watched him for a moment before he continued eating. Luther glanced around the quarantine tent quietly.

  “Do you think they’ll ever wake up?” Oric looked over to the patients and nodded.

  “Of course,” He said though he wasn’t too sure. Luther laughed again, “Liar, you don’t think they’ll wake up just as much as you don’t like that sandwich.” Oric frowned and moved to object but Luther cut him off. “I put mustard on it.” Oric choked and spit the sandwich out.

  “Ew, is that what that is? You know I don’t like mustard.” Luther laughed again almost falling out of his chair.

  “Yeah, I just wanted you to stand up for yourself for once in your life.” Luther said.

  “But you said you made it.” Oric objected.

  “So tell me you don’t like it. What’s the worst that can happen, so you hurt my feelings, so what?”

  “I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.” Oric said weakly and looked down.

  “Awe come on, you’re a werewolf, and apex predator. How can you be so timid?” Luther questioned.

  “I’m white.” Oric said as he looked down nervously.

  “Wow, that’s racist.” Luther said seriously.

  “No, I have a white pelt.” Oric clarified only to have Luther look more confused. Oric opened his mouth to try and explain further when his phone rang. He pulled it out and looked down to see his older brother’s name displayed. He answered quickly, “Hello Ciro, what’s up?”

  “You need to come home.” Ciro said in a stern voice.

  “Okay.” Oric agreed quickly without even asking why. Ciro hung up without explaining either. Oric looked down to his phone and frowned, “Okay.” He repeated to himself.

  “Who is Ciro?” Luther asked reminding Oric that he wasn’t alone. He jumped and looked over to his friend.

  “Oh, uh my brother wants me to go home, I think it’s serious.” Oric explained with a shrug.

  “Well, are you going?” Oric nodded quietly and looked back down to his phone. “Well, can I come?” Oric looked up at him.

  “Uh well…”  Oric stalled because he had no idea what his Alpha would say if he brought home a human, let alone what his brothers would think.

  “It’s just I’ve never seen an actual werewolf pack and you talk so fondly of yours.” Luther persisted. Oric bit his lip and shrugged, “Pretty please?” Luther persisted.

  “…Okay.” Oric agreed finally.

~~~~

Comment on how cute and fluffy Oric is and don't forget to vote <3