3) Brown is the Color of Trust

Sorry for the shortish chapter

~~~~

  He had off that day watching his kids run around in the back yard happily playing while he packed the ice chest with sodas while his wife, Lora made the sandwiches and packed away the snacks. They were going to the zoo; it was a long awaited outing that everyone had been looking forward to. It’s been months in the planning and they were finally getting ready to go.

  Lora gave him a warm smile and touched his arm. Ciro looked at her and smiled back. They’d been together since high school, she’d found out about his condition during sophomore year they’ve been together ever since. They’ve had their ups and downs but they’ve always pulled through. They had two beautiful children and a big house. They had everything they could ever want, and in his patients perspective turning into a wolf wasn’t the worse thing in existence.

  “They’re growing so big.” Lora mused as she watched their kids happily. Ciro nodded just as his phone rang drawing his attention away from his wife. He looked down at the unknown number curiously. Figuring it was just a telemarketer Ciro ignored it. “They’re strong like their father.” Lora went on.

  “And beautiful like their mother,” Ciro responded as the same number popped up on display again.

  “Aren’t you going to get that?” Lora asked to which Ciro shook his head. Lora frowned and grabbed his phone answering it with, “Hello?” After a moment pause she handed to phone over to Ciro. “It’s for you love and you’ll never guess who it is.” Ciro sighed and took the phone from her.

  “This is Ciro.” He said into the phone.

  “Hello Ciro.” That familiar female voice spoke to him in a frail sounding tone.

  “Donna, you’re awake” Ciro said in surprise. “Wait then that means…”

  “Your father is alive.” Donna said.

  “Then why are you calling me?” Ciro asked figuring John would be the first person Donna would want to get ahold of after waking, but then again maybe not. Donna never approved of John being a werewolf and handing those genes down to Ciro’s little brother Nichole.

  “I called because I’d like to speak to you and your brothers.” Donna explained, “We have some things to discuss.” Ciro frowned thoughtfully. “Do you think you can gather Rico and Oric?”

  “Of course, though they’re not in town anymore let alone the country. Most fled after what happened in Capitol city.”

  “That’s what I want to talk to you lot about. Nichole was in the city when it happened and he’s missing.” Donna’s voice cracked with worry. Ciro glanced over to Lora and nodded.

  “Yes I know Nichole is missing.” Lora looked at Ciro after the mention of Nichole’s name. Lora took in a shaky breath. So many people are dead, but…Nichole is my son.” Ciro looked down and shifted his weight.

  “You want me and my brother to track him down for you?” Ciro asked.

  “Dead or alive I want you to bring my son home.” Donna said sternly. “Can you do that for me Ciro?” Ciro didn’t like Donna very well, sure she was his step mother and practically raised him and his brothers as her own, but she was cruel and fearful when she found out. She isolated Nichole and herself and sent Ciro and his brother’s to boarding school and sent John off to war the first chance she got.

  “He’d be twenty one by now,” Ciro said, “If he inherited the wolf gene then he’d have had his first change on his eighteenth birthday. That’s four years without a pack to show him how to control his shift and how to stay hidden. If he hasn’t gone feral then he’s been killed by hunters, and you said yourself he was in Capitol City when the Reapers and Demons ripped it to pieces. I don’t think there will be anything left of him that survived.”

  “Ciro please,” Donna pleaded. Ciro sighed and looked back to his wife who tilted her head curiously. “I’ll see what I can do.” Ciro said and hung up without waiting for a response. He was quiet for a moment, just staring at his phone. “She wants me to find Nichole.”

  “You can’t go to Capitol City. Is she nuts?”

  “She just woke up from Bond Fever; she’s looking to reunite her pack.” Ciro explained. Lora frowned.

  “Could I ever fall into the same state as her?” Lora asked, Ciro looked up at her and shook his head. “No, I’ve been careful. You’re my wife not my mate.” Lora nodded in response but said nothing else. “Go to the zoo without me, I need to make a few calls.” His wife looked at him and frowned.

  “But we’ve been planning this trip for a while now; it won’t be the same without you.”

  “I know but I need to do this, I’m as worried about Nichole as Donna is. He is pack.” Lora sighed and looked out the window to their son and daughter.

  “Alright, be safe.” Lora agreed and left the kitchen through the back door. Ciro watched her go before leaving the kitchen as well and going to the den to make a few calls.

~~~~

So meet Ciro, he acts like the oldest brother but totally isn't, Rico is and Oric is youngest. Comment you're thoughts and confusions and vote. <3