Chapte 28: I'm Already There

Author's Note: Don't hate me. Don't hate me. Don't hate me. Don't hate me. Don't hate me. Don't hate me. Don't hate me. Don't hate me. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Don't hate me. Okay here's the next chappie.

SARAH'S POV

"You ready, babe?" Niall's shaky voice asked me. We sat in Niall's new car that he had gotten for his 19th birthday.

I couldn't believe I have known him for over a year and that we just celebrated our one year anniversary last month. Matthew was growing bigger and bigger each day. He has bright blue eyes just like Niall and I. He has the same nose as me. Everything else, however, ears, lips, face structure, etc he got from Niall. Niall has recessive blond genes as far as hair due to his parents while as mine was dominant. I could see that Matthew's hair was already beginning to grow. He had blond hair as well. 

Eleanor had been a total sweetheart when it came to helping out with Matthew. Her job was just a weekend job, so during the school week while Haley and I were at Uni, Eleanor would babysit Matthew. Whenever the boys had a day off, Niall would watch the baby so Eleanor could spend time with Louis. Eleanor's help had been unbelievable. My parents had flew in three times since Matthew was born and were constantly helping out with him whenever they could. Cameron liked having a little nephew. He was always good with kids.

I finally acknowledged Niall's question and nodded unbuckling my seat belt. Niall jumped out of the car and came over to my side and opened it for me and the opened Matthew's door. I unbuckled my darling child as he gurgled happily once he was in his mother's arms. I snuggled my baby close to me as Niall shut the door behind us. We walked into the large, red brick building. Our little family of three made our way into the cool building. I couldn't tell if the chills were from the temperature or because of the anxiety I was currently experiencing. My heart felt like it was pounding against my ribcage harder and harder with every step I took closer to the front desk. I stole a quick side glance at Niall who looked like he could erupt in tears any second. My eyes probably looked identical to his right now. The only difference was, I actually was crying silently. I probably wouldn't have noticed except one of the salty tears slid down into my mouth, notifying me I was crying. My mind was not focused and I barely heard Niall spoke to me.

"Sarah?" he whispered. "You sure you want to do this?" he asked. His voice was weak and broken.

"Don't you think it's for the best?" I asked in the same tone. Niall didn't answer. He nodded slowly and wrapped his arm around my waste as we made walked the short distance that was left to the front desk.

"Hi! My name is Olivia and welcome to Tender, Love, and Care Children's Orphanage. How may I help you today? Are you here to adopt a child or put one up for adoption?" Was I really doing this? For some reason those questions pained me. This was the last time I was going to be able to see Matthew.

I physically was not able to answer the lady at the front desk. My mouth opened but no words came out. "Putting a child up for adoption." Niall spoke clearly and firmly. I watched as a single tear escaped down the side of his face.

"Don't cry you guys." cooed Olivia. "Young parents like you come and do this all the time. I can assure you that your son will be in the best care and will be adopted by a great family. We won't let him go to any home that hasn't been expected by our teams first. The adopted parents also have to pass an interview in order to adopt any child from here. Whatever the reason is you have decided to make this choice, it was probably for the best."