Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Mia’s POV

“Calm down, no tienes por que ponerte asi.”  Is she serious, my mom just said I don’t have to be like this, is she serious?  Does she not realize, they have been laughing at my expense? What the hell did I ever do to them?

“I’m sorry; I wanted to tell you the truth.” Liam says as he approaches me.

“Unless you want me to claw your eyes out. I would stay away from me at this moment.” I glared at him.

“Mia, apologize to the boy. It was I, who asked him to not say anything. You were the one that jumped to conclusions.” My dad said, like always jumping to Liam’s side. “You have lived your life blaming everyone for everything. This poor boy had been put through the ringer by you. Do you not think I hear you call him loser?”

My jaw dropped “Are you fucking serious? You are going to turn this around and blame me old man.” I was so mad at him. Plus my brothers call him that all the time.

“Don’t you disrespect me young lady. I have had to put up with many things from you. It’s about time you grew up, started taking some responsibilities in your life. You are too old to just be coasting through life. Plus watch your language” he said to me. Well that was just my breaking point.

“Are you fucking kidding me? For your information. I have been helping with your stupid Boys Town for years now. Just today I went down there and stocked the shelves with merchandise I had donated by several places. So the last 3 years. It had coast us nothing to stock the place up.” I had not noticed mom had called my brothers.

Dad had the decency to blush “I thought your brothers.”

Grady cut him off “dad we thought you were the one taking care of things on that end.” I rounded on them. They all looked at each other.

“She’s telling the truth, I was there along with Blake and Hayley stocking and putting away the entire inventory. She also cataloged everything that was already there. Seems she has handled a lot of minor details that no one else took care of.”  Liam told them all.

“Mia I’m” dad started to say.

I raised my hands “I don’t want to hear it. You have said one thing right about me tonight dad. It is time I grow up and get out of here.” I went for my bag and they all tried to stop me. “Grady get the fuck out of my way. Unless you want me to kick you in the nuts.” That made him back away fast. I stomped out of there.

Just as I closed the door I saw Blake and Hayley pull up. I jumped in the car with them and asked Blake to floor it.

Liam’s POV

I was left standing there. Blake had been right; I should have just said something earlier. Come clean and told her the truth. It was at that moment I turned and saw that Diego looked pale and was sweating profusely. I ran to him “sir, are you ok?”

He gripped his chest and holy shit. I pulled out my phone and called Charley who was on call tonight. “Charley get your ass to this address now!! I have a possible heart attack.” I hung up and helped Diego to the couch. Everyone was frantic and I had to take charge.

I need someone out front to flag the ambulance. Michelle, please grab all the medication he’s taking. Then we heard the sirens and got him on the gurney as I talked to Charley and gave him the rundown of what happened.

While they took care of Diego I went and got the uniform from my trunk. I was going to ride along and make sure he was ok. But in the back of my mind, I was worried about how Mia would take this. Even more worried about where she had gone and with who.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 :o