Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"What's got you looking so down Liam?" Blaise asked as we sat in the fire station house. It was now going past 4am. Damn I hate working the 3rd shift but here I am trying to make money.

"Nothing much man, just didn't get much sleep yesterday. I went to dinner at Diego's house. Then Haley came to live with me. You know mom ragging on her and all." He looks at me and started to laugh.

"Oh please tell me she horned her way into Diego's house. I bet Mia went ballistic." He was still laughing andstarting to piss me off now.

"You have no idea. She automatically thought Haley was my girl friend. Was mean to me like always and then her parents didn't want me to tell her, she was my sister. So they spent the whole time making it seemed like we were a couple. She seemed her normal snarky self." I said and Blaise just smiled the way Mia's parents did as he smacked my back and went back to work. Before I left that morning he made a point to tell me. That Mia would be heading towards the lake side for a run that morning. Guess Alia was to have gone with her but would not make it.

He said Diego would worry if she was out there alone. I shrugged my shoulders. Like I give a shit, I went home feeling tired and just as I entered Haley was waiting for me in a swimsuit and wearing far too much makeup for swimming. "Um, I get the swim suit, but what's with the makeup and getting your hair all done up?"

She smiled at me. "This brother", she gestured to herself with her hands. "This will make little miss hot pants Mia jealous and want you all that more. She played it cool yesterday. But I know what I saw in her eyes. Now she will be by the lake front. Let's go make sure she's safe and do some planning while we're there."

"What are you talking about, I'm sleepy."

"Go shower so you wake up and let's go." I muttered all the way to the shower and put some jeans and a t-shirt on. We made it to the park a few minutes before Mia. We sat there in the car as she got out and put on her rollerblades. Damn, she was wearing a pink bikini top and some far too small black shorts. Without all that makeup she normally has on. She looked so innocent and just cute. Nothing like that little harpy who loves to torture me.

We walked around as she skated down the strip. Then I saw her bend down and remove her blades. I was leaning on a tree and had removed my shirt when she walked by the pool and saw Haley. "Hey there chick, where's your loser man?" She asked as Haley laughed. I glared at her since it seems, miss big mouth had yet to see me.