Chapter Twenty-One

Hello my lovelies! I am back with a new chapter of HTB. Sorry for the wait! I'd like to say that I have made a username change so I am no longer MariaCatherineStewart. It was too risky having that as my username. I have changed it to PictureMeReckless, so please don't be confused if you get a notification from me. I am the same person, just a different username! :) Enjoy the chapter! (BTW I have not edited this chapter, so BEWARE of spellling and grammer errors!)

 Picture of Jessie>>>>>>

The car ride to school has been sufficiently awkward, but I’m keeping a straight and forward face. I have not said a word to Jessie and I could tell he was getting agitated. Part of me thought that I should let him explain; maybe this was just a big misunderstanding. Though the coherent part of me denied this theory and thought that I should make him sweat a bit before I even let out a decent ‘good morning’.

My cell phone beeped saving me from the silence.

Jessie turns his head and looks at my cellphone.

I meet his light brown eyes and I begin to melt. He has such an effect on me. I couldn’t begin to understand it. I hastily redirect my eyes and gesture for him to keep his eyes on the road.

After a reluctant sigh, he turns his head to the traffic in front of us and tightens his hands around the steering wheel. His jaw tightens, as if he’s keeping himself from saying something.

Checking the text I see that it’s from Conner. I roll my eyes. He’d been texting me nonstop all weekend. Though I don’t like to admit it, I sort of enjoyed talking to him.

You ready for school? You better be, because you’re giving me the official tour. It’s been decided ;)

I shake my head at this, but a small smile manages to creep on my face.

Jessie notices this out of the corner of his eye, and looks at me again.

I ignore him and reply to Conner’s text.

You think so, huh?

                Beep.

                I do.

                I read this and giggle at his cockiness. He’s almost as egoistic as Jessie.

                Well, we’ll see about that pretty boy.

                Jessie looks at me again and this time, to my demise, speaks. “Who are you talking to?” he asks on edge.

                “No one you know,” I reply nonchalantly, reading Conner’s next text.

                So you admit I’m pretty? ;)

                I smile again.

                I didn’t say that, did I? ;)

                “Well it seems you and HER are having a humorous conversation.”

                I look pointedly at him. “Who said it was a girl?”

                “It is, isn’t it?” he asks through clenched teeth; more like stated actually.

                “Actually,” I smile, “it’s not.”

                A scowl forms on his face. “Who is he?”

                “No one you know.” I retort angrily.

                “I have a right to know Willow.” He growls.

                “No you don’t!” I yell. “You lost that privilege, remember?”

                “Baby doll,” he starts, “If you’d just let me explain…”

                “No,” I cut him off soon realizing that we were in the school parking lot and people were starting to stare. “Thanks for the ride.” I say quietly as I make my way to the school.