Chapter Twenty-Five

It's very short, but I was smiling the whole time writing it! :) Short and sweet!

Picture of Jessie on the side!! Wouldn't you love faling asleep next to that?!>>>>>>>>>>

The following morning I wake up groggily to an empty bed. I shiver as my body recognizes its lack of warmth. Jessie’s spot is empty, though there’s still a dip in the pillow where his head was, so he must have gotten up recently.  I stand up slowly from the bed, carefully avoiding a head rush. Walking into the bathroom and flipping on the light, I come face to face with my appearance. I nearly shriek at the sight. My hair was tattered and knotty, still in the bun from the night before, and my makeup was smeared under my eyes. A great way to start the day! I look like I’m on The Walking Dead.

I turn the nozzle to the shower on hot, and while I wait for it to warm up, I place my iPod on its dock and turn it on shuffle. Soon the shower heats up to a scolding temperature and I step into the blissful stream of water. The indie melody of Bon Iver’s ‘Skinny Love’ fills the bathroom and I hum along softly. Lathering my hair with vanilla shampoo, I decide to screw the humming and belt out the lyrics.

“And I told you to be patient

And I told you to be kind

And I told you to be balanced

And I told you to be fine

And in the morning I'll be with you

But it will be a different kind

'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets

And you'll be owning all the fines”

“I didn’t know you could sing Baby Doll,” a quiet voice says making me jump. Holding back a squeal, I stick my head out of the shower curtain to meet the mesmerized eyes of Jessie.

“Jessie what the hell are you doing?! Get out!” I shout, making sure I cover my body with the curtain.

He just continues to stand there looking at me in awe. His mouth hangs slightly open and there’s a weird gleam in his eyes that instantly sends a shiver throughout my body.

“Jessie…why are you—” My question is cut short by Jessie’s lips on mine while his hands cup my wet and soapy face. Jolts of adrenaline shoot through my body as his lips move perfectly against mine. I have never felt this way kissing someone before. It was sensual, and it was extremely exciting. My heart speeds up erratically and my breathing comes in shallow pants.

Reluctantly he pulls away and stares into my eyes, his thumbs rubbing over my cheek bones. “What are you doing to me Willow?”

I smile goofily at him and blurt out the first words that came to mind, “I was just trying to take a shower.”

He chuckles and drops his hands from my face, walking backwards to the door. “Then I’ll let you finish that shower. Call me if you need any help.” With he sends a wink and walks away.

Dumbfounded I stare at the tiles in the shower trying to decipher what the hell just happened. What in the world was that kiss? Why was Jessie in my bathroom? Did he see anything he wasn’t supposed to? God I probably looked like a bloody idiot with soap in my hair! Good one Willow.

I try my best to finish my shower without toppling over, and soon I’m dried off and looking in the mirror once again, with a silly smile on my face.

What is this boy doing to me?

Hmmmmmmmm

Why do you guys think Jessie was looking at Willow like that? Is he falling harder for her by the minute? I think he might be :)  

Please vote! It encourages me to write more LONGER chapters :)