Chapter 7

I was so excited for this chappy I just couldnt keep you waiting!! - enjoy! I made it good and long ;)

- sorry its not yet edited - 

------------------------

Chapter 7

I stared at myself in the mirror the following day I found myself constantly fiddling with my clothes, this would be my first time meeting George and Peppa’s parents and I wanted to look presentable.

I pulled my hair down from the ponytail it was in for the fourth time, deciding my dark auburn locks looked nicer down.

As I took my focus from straightening my blazer, I looked at the reflection half hoping it would transform into that of the young man I was so curious about.

I looked down at my hand, the one he had touched. I slowly reached up my palm facing away from me, I took a deep breath and pressed the soft skin against the cool glass.

I closed my eyes, waiting for something - anything to happen. After about 10 seconds I opened my eyes, feeling a little disappointed.

“Disapointed?” I berated myself “There is no such thing as ghosts!”

I pulled away from the mirror and turned to the rest of the room, I needed to move my thoughts to something more constructive… more sensible.

My gaze shifted to the flowered gift bag from Mrs. Thompson, I walked over and pulled out the new leather book.

Flipping through it I sat down at my desk and inhaled the welcoming scent of new paper and fresh ink.

Opening the top right drawer I grabbed a pen from the organizer and eagerly began to write.

Dear Journal,

Hello there reader, I suppose someone will read this someday – when I’ve long since gone, I might as well chronicle my life as an aspiring writer, incase someone wants to write a biography or something haha.

Anyways, I received this journal as a gift from a dear friend nearly two weeks ago and have yet to write anything interesting, so I will tell you about the move so far.

We came from a little town by the sea back in America and moved into this lovely country home in London. England.

The house itself is quite lovely, four bedrooms, (sadly) one bathroom, and plenty of living space – both indoors and out.

I’ve already made two steadfast friends in my brief time here, George and Peppa McArthur, they are twins a year younger than me, George is the older one, he’s sweet and courageous and maybe a bit shy at times, but that is probably because of Peppa – she is quite the firecracker, brightly dressed and forever bouncing about like a ball of glitter and happiness.

She has become my best friend here in the UK, but I have to say I rather miss my other friends from the states, particularly my very best friend Jeanette – she is like a sister to me, I wish she came to England with me, but she will be coming for Christmas holidays and that is only a few short months away.

         My adventures in the new house haven’t been much, just the general moving in and getting used to the area and culture, although our house seems to have a bit of a peculiar past – it is rumored to be haunted by the youngest son of the Mosley family, Noah a 19-year-old boy killed during the war.

No one knows why he “haunts” the house, and no one seems to have ever seen him, we are the first family to have lived here in several decades.