Chapter 8

We went up the stairs, while passing through those people hanging by their neck. It was creeping me out so much that I had to close my eyes and bury my face on Ashton's neck. They even had their eyes open, and that was what creeped me out the most. Thinking that we could  be the next ones, hanging by our necks like this, or worst, was making me sick, and I wished I could get some cold air but, since I knew that wasn't possible, just a room where I could lay down, or just even sit, and rest, was good to me.

We were entering a room when Bea stopped us.

"No!" she said kind scared.

We all looked at her.

"That's-That's the room... Where Calum and I found the-the dead man." she said.

We sure didn't want to stay in a room were a dead guy was, or still is.

We went along and looked into another room. Calum had the knife in is hand, just in case we needed it, while his other hand held my best friend's hand.

We soon decided that we should check at all doors, just to see it anyone was there, and then, we could pick one to stay through the night.

Every time we entered a room, my heart started racing, afraid that the person that was causing all this was in there, but no. Luckily, no one was in none of the rooms.

"So, which one should we stay in?" asked Luke.

"What about that one?" said Calum pointing to the last room in the hall. "It's big enough for all of us and is near the bathroom, which is also good."

"But that's also the one far away from the main door." said Niall.

"That can be a good or a bad thing." said Ashton.

"How so?" Luke asked.

"Well, that's bad because it's more difficult for us to try and get out if we get a chance, but it's also the last room that someone would check out, what could give us some advantage." Ashton answered.

"Yeah..." Niall agreed.

"So, we stay in there?" asked Luke.

We thought for a bit. No one was sure that it was the better idea, but no one also knew which one was the better so, I decided.

"Yeah, we stay in there."

And so, we headed to the bedroom.

The room was big enough for us eight, as we have noticed before, but there was still just one king sized bed. Also, just like in all the other three rooms, and the rest of the house, the window was locked, so we just had the light of the candles and the flashlight to illuminate us.

Luke and Michael sat on two chairs that there was near a desk. I could see in their faces that they were exhausted and I felt sorry for them. I wish nothing of this have happened and we could spend a nice evening together, playing some truth or dare game, where they would make me do something really stupid, but that I would do anyway, just because they have told me to do. Instead, we were all trapped in a house with, probably, a serial killer, that would, soon or later, kill us all.

Ashton must have noticed my concern and my sadness, because he woke me up from my thoughts.

"Everything's going to be alright, OK?" He said stroking my left cheek.

I looked at him with sad eyes, but I nodded anyway, and he kissed my forehead. It was such a nice gesture that almost made me cry. Thinking that something might happen to Ashton... It just breaks my heart. I just didn't start crying because Calum started talking to us.