Chapter 11: An Encounter to Remember

It was nerve racking once Law finished up his operation on you, the operation that replaced your heart and legs. You went into a coma afterwards, which in fact wasn't anxiety inducing at all for the Surgeon. You went into a coma the last time as well, the first time Law had operated on you back when you both first met, awaking a week afterwards just after your body had adjusted to the new heart. That heart was healthy, very very strong like an athlete. The pink organ lasted yourself a little over three months. Law expects the same results with your new one as well. Except... After you went into that coma and hadn't awakened after seven days time, Law couldn't waste anymore time and hesitantly went on a little trip that called for his complete attention. Law never wanted to leave you behind, but his hands were forced. He came back two weeks later to find out you awoke from that death like state just one day before.

Your awakening was a true relief, it brought his heart ease. Except, it pained Law to deliver news that he had acquired from his business trip. You sat up within the bed, Law's bed, with a tired gentle smile. "So where'd you go?' You asked with pure curiosity. "Penguin and Shachi told me you had to meet up with a goat?' You couldn't help but to snicker at your own words.

"Yes," Law agreed. "Caesar Clown over in Punk Hazard."

"Wh-what!?" You gasped. "I learned about him when I was training in the Cipher Pol units. We were taught that he died-"

"He faked his death," Law glared at you. "While I was gone I met up with the guy, did some good deeds, then took him into custody where he's now sitting as a captive on the Straw Hat's ship," you blinked, taking in every word the man spoke like a delicacy on the tongue. Although, the mention of Caesar Clown the infamous chemist and partner to Dr. Vegapunk wasn't even the most surprising part of that entire conversation.

You glanced off to the side for a second. "Okay... Two questions."

"Proceed," Law bowed his head.

"One... Why did you take Caesar Captive? And two... Why are the Straw Hat's involved? Based on my understanding they don't play friendly with others," yeah, that much you figured. After hearing about CP9's defeat against the Straw Hats more than two years back, you thought of the crew as monsters. How can a crew of eight (with Cyborg Franky included) successfully take on the entire unit of government monsters trained since they were children to be the Government's trump card? That question alone made you realize that because the Straw Hat's beat up the strongest Government Unit, you were thrown into experiments to surpass the crew single handedly...

Law was aware of your realization well before you even came to that conclusion. The man figured that out weeks ago when he tried to figure out why your body was on this weird Overdrive that made you as light as a feather, move at lightning speed, heal at blinding rates, and have the strength of ten men behind your swings. The experiment wore down your heart at extraordinary rates, the government wanted to recreate Straw Hat Luffy's Gear Second and became successful. It was Gear 2nd and 3rd that defeated Rob Lucci, the strongest of CP9 over two years back. No doubt you're blaming Luffy right now for ruining your life.

"I asked for an Alliance with Mugiwara-ya," Law admits all the while expecting backlash from you but never received such words of hatred. "He's helping me take down Warlord Doflamingo, Caesar Clown is just a pawn we needed to capture in order to force Doflamingo into a Checkmate..."

"I understand," you bowed your head. "I've met Doflamingo in person... I agree that he needs to be taken down."

"Why have you conversed with the man in pink?" There was a cold glare placed upon you.

"Again... It was necessary in my training to be in the CP units to meet with all the Warlords," you sighed. "Just in case a Warlord steps out of line and needs to be put back or disposed of, it was the job of the Cipher Pol units and the other Warlords to make sure it happens. So... While meeting the Warlords, we also learn of their weaknesses. Doflamingo... Had none that I could figure out," you regret to admit, he were a shady man who knew how to keep his secrets hidden even in plain sight. "The other Warlords were easy to figure out though!"