Chapter 3: The Fate of the World

"When are we leaving this place?" Penguin groaned leaning over backwards in his chair with his feet sitting atop a table on the submarine.

"Yeah we've been here for a month!" Shachi exclaimed taking a seat across from his crewmate with annoyance. "When we spent a month at Amazon Lilly, I had no problem with it. At least there were pretty women there-"

Bepo shot up from his half nap hearing his crewmates bicker left and right. "There are pretty women here too!" The polar bear shouts for everyone to hear with his mind flooding with images of that woman in the lab Law would take care of day after day.

"Oh really?" Penguin and Shachi hummed watching their Captain as he stepped within the room collecting himself for the day ahead. Law couldn't help but feel watched to multiple sets of eyes watching his form, and so he turned around slowly to his crew. As expected, they all had their eyes dead locked on him.

"What?" Law grumbled, throwing his usual black jacket over his bare shoulders.

"Tell us about the pretty women, Captain," Penguin and Shachi hummed while simultaneously smiling at Law all smug like.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Law huffed, rolling his eyes.

"What about (Y/n)?" Bepo poked at the subject some more as your name finally crossed his memory.

"What about her?" Law asked in return, still hopelessly confused.

"Oh, so there is a girl," Penquin states much to his surprise.

"Yeah!" Bepo bounced. "Captain has been taking care of her for weeks. She even called me cute!"

"You could've told us that we haven't set sail because you had a girlfriend-"

"She's nothing but a patient to me," Law rose his voice having his crew quiet down immediately. "Bepo, however wasn't lying when he said I take care of her. My Warlord position rides on this woman, please bare with me."

"Yeah sure thing," Shachi nods.

"My only problem is that you could've said something sooner," Penquin complained.

"My apologies," Law pinched his brow, throwing his sword over his shoulder. "Ya coming Bepo?"

"Yes Boss!" Bepo ran to Law's side as he then made way for the government base.

Penguin and Shachi turned to each other on the same level of understanding. "I wouldn't doubt it if he's sleeping with the girl for this Warlord position. What do you think Penguin?"

Penguin hums, scratching his chin. "Would Captain really stoop so low as to sleep with a Marine in order to get this position?"

"Valid point indeed," Shachi also began scratching his chin.

-----

Law lets out a long breath, taking a seat within the lab while looking over your updated medical records. Nothing however looked updated besides a timely record of your blood pressure and your healing process with occasional pictures to match their eye-witnessed accounts of everything that really caught Law's attention. Maybe even to the fullest "Well they weren't joking when they said (Y/n) was an experiment," The Surgeon sighed reading further into her records.

"What's up Boss?" Bepo hovered over Law's shoulder.

"Lots of things," Law ran a hand through his raven locks. "Turns out those scientists were treating (Y/n) so poorly because of the experiment at hand. Her previous surgery that gave her more strength and heightened senses gave her much more than I thought."

"Like what?" Bepo's curiosity were still forever caught.

"Because her body works much much more to give her strength above the average male, it wears out her heart at a rate of sixty days like I was notified upon coming here..." Law read on and on, learning more than he ever wanted. "What I wasn't told was that her body heals itself much faster than the average human as well. Like if I were to cut myself and it takes a day to heal, for her, the cut would be healed in minutes. These scientists want to see what (Y/n) is capable of..." Law flips the page, it was a note written by the current fleet admiral of the Navy and those who make up the heads of the World Government. "They're creating the Ultimate Soldier out of (Y/n) as we speak. They're bribing me into doing their dirty work and keeping (Y/n) alive..." Law seethed with anger, to be tricked so easily into creating the Ultimate Soldier to end the Pirate Age once and for all.

"Awe man," Bepo whined. "I really liked (Y/n), I thought she was a good gal."

"She is Bepo," Law sighed, tucking the folder into his coat. "(Y/n) is here against her will remember."

"No I did not know that."

"I'm gonna help her out of here, but how is the real question," Law hummed pacing around the lab while occasionally looking at you while you lied on your usual examination table half passed out. The painkillers Law gave you maybe an hour or so ago made you all loopy and now you're bouncing in and out of consciousness.

I should've listened to (Y/n) the day we first met... I need to save her and the rest of the pirates out there.

I got a little stuck on this chapter cause I have a story board for this book and met the requirements for this chapter. Next chapter will be full of action!