Leave || Harvey Kinkle

Requested by: itselliekay

i'm sooo sorry i took so long to update! school has been really hectic and i haven't had much time to come on here. i admit it's not my best but i wrote this in under 25 mins (in the only time i could find to do this), but i really hope you like it!

 i admit it's not my best but i wrote this in under 25 mins (in the only time i could find to do this), but i really hope you like it!

_____ ♔_____

"Y/N?"

My head snapped up and I looked at the silhouette not too far away from my seated position against the tree.

If it hadn't been for the softness of his voice, I wouldn't have been able to tell that it was Harvey. My first instinct would have been to run away from the tall, dark figure that was hard to see in the darkness of the night.

Although I knew it was just Harvey, my heart wouldn't stop it's rapid pace of beating and the anxious thoughts that kept violently slamming around in my head. I hugged my knees to my chest even harder, realizing how real all of this was. This was really happening.

"I was looking for you..." he stepped closer.

When my eyes finally landed on his soft brown ones and saw the kindness and sympathy that he displayed through nothing but a tiny smile, I let out a breath I hadn't even realized I was holding.

"Hey, are you okay? Why are you crying?" He frowned when he got a clear look at my face. He continued to step forward until he was no more than a foot away from me, hovering over my slumped position on the dirty ground of the forest. "What happened back there?"

I squeezed my eyes tight, shaking my head in disbelief that I so stupidly let myself do a spell in public. Harvey almost saw. The fact that bothered me most was that I kind of wanted him to see. I didn't want to keep lying to him.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you, Harv..." I sighed, wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand.

I dropped my chin onto my knees, staring ahead while Harvey took a seat beside me on the floor. Slowly turning my head to the left, I looked at him in his eyes once again and they showed nothing but promise and understanding. It was as though I was put into a trance. Like the whole world had disappeared and it was just me and my understanding, caring Harvey.

So I told him. All of it. About me, my family. Even about the bad things. I didn't miss a single detail. I didn't just tell him, I showed him too. And the thing that bewildered me the most was the fact that Harvey had not stood up or backed away, or even look at me weirdly or any differently than he always looked at me. He just listened and believed.

Harvey picked my hand up from my lap and intertwined our fingers. I looked at him, taking in his gentle smile.

"Why are you so upset about all of this?" Harvey asked.

I sighed, pulling a lock of my hair behind my ear and dropping my head onto his shoulder. "It's just, it's just a big secret and I hated not telling you... but I also hated the idea of what could happen if I did tell you."

"What do you mean, 'what could happen'?" Harvey questioned, completely oblivious.

I lifted my head from the comfort of his shoulder and looked at him. "I didn't want you to hate me— I didn't want to lose you."

A look of confusion that soon turned into disbelief appeared on his face before he frowned.

"I could never leave you, Y/N/N. And I promise I won't tell anyone about this, okay? I'm just glad you told me."