Clutzilla || Nicholas Scratch

requested by everyusernamesucks

i hope this matches what you requested!

_____ ♔_____

Your P.O.V

"What happened this time?"

Almost knocking my cup of tea over again, I spun around to face the source of the unexpected voice.

"Nothing, Nicholas," I sighed, running a hand through my tangled hair. "Why is it that you always think that something happened?"

"Because something always does happen," he chuckled, his purely white teeth showing as he smiled.

I pursued my lips and said nothing, partially because I knew he was right, and partially because I wanted him to go away before I humiliated myself anymore in front of him. Pretending he had already gone away, I stayed silent and started reorganizing and shuffling the notes for my presentation today.

"Come on, Y/N," Nick laughed wholeheartedly, "let me help you."

"With what?" I questioned, pretending that I hadn't already dropped my notes about three times today— so far.

"You know what I'm talking about, Clutzilla," he grinned walking toward the desk in the library I was working at, his eyes sparkling with every step he took closer.

"Clutzilla," I raised an eyebrow mockingly. "Did it strain your tired, little brain to come up with such a creative name?

"I bet deep down you like it," he said confidently and I snickered at his amount of self confidence that I was all too used to by now. Being close friends with a narcissist isn't easy to get used to, but once you do get used to it, it's tolerable.

"Oh Nicholas," I sighed teasingly, staring dead into his dark eyes, "if only you knew-"

And then, before I could finish my witty response that I was going be very proud of— because I usually didn't get this far in a conversation with Nick without knocking something over— I knocked something over. Curse his mesmerizing eyes.

He sniggered, trying to hold back his laugh as I scrambled to the floor to once again recollect my dozens of notes. To be fair, Nicholas Scratch's eyes aren't the easiest to bare, and I was super nervous for my presentation today.

I blushed at the fool I made of myself in front of Nick and he joined me on the ground, placing his hands on my quick and shaky ones in attempt to calm me down from my complete and utter humiliation and my nervousness about the presentation that I did not, at all, feel prepared for.

"Relax, Clutzilla," he smiled reassuringly, "we'll sort these out together, okay? Don't worry."

"Thanks," I mumbled embarrassedly.

"Come on," he stood up with most of my notecards in his left hand, holding his right hand out to offer me help getting up. I gladly accepted his sign of help, holding onto his soft hand, quickly regretting it when I realized how clammy my hands probably were.

"Thanks," I said again when he gave me the remainder of my cards that I needed to sort out yet again.

"How about we go grab a drink or something to eat while we put these back in the right order?" He asked with a tranquil smile plastered across his face. I, meanwhile, probably looked like one of the thirteen witches who had been hung years ago.

I nodded, sending back a thankful smile as he placed his large hand on the small of my back and started leading me out of the library, giving me the feeling of safety and reassurance.

_____ ♔_____

ahhhh I totally loved writing this one!! i could completely imagine myself in her shoes. honestly my favorite oneshots to write are the nick ones

i know this was a short one but i think it was sweet and cute and i hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it!