Pinch Me, I'm Dreaming

Summerslam had arrived. The biggest night in Josh's young WWE career. He was pacing backstage, with
Lexi trying to calm him down after she had tried and failed to take the Raw Women's Championship from Nia Jax earlier in the night.

Lexi: Listen, babe... tonight is all about you. I may be battered and bruised thanks to Nia, but it won't stop me from being there with you.

Josh: Thanks babe, it means a lot.

They kissed passionately for a few seconds, before Lexi pulled away, smiling.

Lexi: And if you win the title, there will be a VERY good reward waiting for you in our hotel room tonight...

Josh raised an eyebrow at Lexi's seductiveness, and smiled smugly back at her.

Josh: I'll be winning that title for you, babe.

They kissed once more as they heard Josh's music hit, and they went out to a mixed reaction. They got in the ring and shared a small kiss as Seth's music hit and they broke it up. Josh and Lexi stared down Seth as he made his way to the ring. The intros were done, and the match began.

Lexi was on the outside, cheering her man on, and after 20 minutes and several near falls, when Seth had Josh ripe for a third Curbstomp, Lexi grabbed Seth's foot and distracted both Seth and the ref. When the ref had his back turned, Josh gave Seth a low blow by kicking him, then giving him his signature superkick to the back of the neck then hit The 25th Hour on Seth and went for the pin.

Ref: 1-2-3!!!

Jojo: Here is your winner... and NEW Intercontinental Champion, Josh Stevens!!!

Josh got to his knees as Lexi grabbed the title and went into the ring to give it to him.

Lexi: You did it baby!!! You did it!!!

She helped him to his feet and he raised his title in the air as she hugged him, and then he went to the second rope to soak in the majority of boos from the crowd. When he jumped down, Lexi immediately hugged him again and kissed him to even louder boos, but a few cheers as well. As they made their way to the back, Josh rested on a crate with his arm around Lexi, who had her arm around him.

Lexi: I'm so proud of you baby, you're in for one hell of a night tonight!

Josh: Oh really? You naughty little minx, you!

Just as they were about to kiss, Renee came to do an interview with the new champion.

Renee: Josh, congratulations on winning the Intercontinental title...

Lexi: Renee, let me stop you there. This man doesn't need congratulating, because he knew he would win. The only people who should be congratulating him are me and himself. So this is a message to the rest of the Raw roster. Bring on one, bring them all. This is my man, Josh Stevens. The Intercontinental Champion. And he is not letting go of that belt. Come on Josh, let's go babe...

Josh and Lexi went off to his locker room, where he quickly posed with the title for a picture with Lexi.

alexa_bliss_wwe: My man. He slayed the so called Kingslayer. He is the NEW Intercontinental Champion. And he is not letting go of that belt. #newchamp

yaonlylivvonce: What a pair of cuties! Congrats Josh!

finnbalor: You need a challenge? I'm happy to provide one...

itsmebayley: OMG couple goals! Love both of you so much! That title looks good on Josh...

As Josh got out of his gear, he took a cheeky look at Lexi.