Chapter 21

Squealer was swift in his pegasus form and we caught up to Butterfly in under two minutes. She was flying above a road that cut through the forest, so there was plenty of room to maneuver, as was necessary. Her butterfly wings were quite beautiful and I felt envious that she knew how to use her wings well, whereas I wasn’t so good with dragonfly wings like I had wanted to be.

"Butterfly!" I called.

Butterfly looked over her shoulder and kept flying.

I groaned. "She's doing this the hard way."

To my complete surprise, Notus flew in on the same pegasus she received from Honesty, the one that I had ridden on. Notus winked at me and started to fly alongside me. What does she want?

"Crystal Yates really is doing it the hard way. Want some help?" Notus offered.

I was suspicious. "Why?"

"I need some help with one of my dragon children...you know, the one I had with Hachi. I'll help you and you help me." Notus replied.

I sighed. "Okay, we have a deal."

Notus extended her wings out of what seemed to be the inside of her back. Those two wings began to glow a brilliant black color. Both Squealer and Notus's pegasus landed on the ground. A warm wind, almost with the strength of an outright tornado, blew against Butterfly.

Butterfly struggled, but she was weaker than Notus's will. Butterfly was forced back and landed forcefully in front of us. She stood up shakily, demorphed her wings, and gave me a death glare.

"Okay. You've got me here, Pet. What do you want?" Butterfly snapped.

Notus grinned. "Actually, it's now about what I want. Cool has been acting badly for the past two days and I want them dealt with. You two go talk to them and I'll consider your debt repaid."

Notus spread her wings triumphantly and soared off into the air.

"What did you do?" Butterfly implored me.

I responded, "Uh, I asked Notus to help me get ahold of you?"

"Damn it, Pet. If you were going to make a deal with a Wind Supreme, you should have made it with Zephyrus! Notus doesn't let favors go lightly! She will milk you." Butterfly scolded.

I argued, "Hachi seems like she can get what she wants from Notus."

"Yeah, that's because Notus likes screwing her!" Butterfly yelled.

I was exasperated. "Okay, well here we are. Are you helping me or not?"