Chapter 10: Caroline

*video: short ideo inrto*

A/N: Since I've been leaning on Supernatural (probably because of the finale) I'll lean on TVD. Enjoy!

"So let's find Xavier." Damon said.

"Sounds like a plan." Dean agreed.

"I know Xavier's location." Castiel announced.

Dean saw what Castiel was going to do when he reached them. "Cas, wait-" It was too late.

"What the hell?" Katherine asked.

"What? Smiting a demon wasn't enough proof for you?" Dean retorted.

"I got the angel thing." Katherine replied in a snarky tone.

"The teleporting thing is a big thing to get past." Sam said.

"You think?" Katherine snaped. "We're defenseless and I have no idea where we are!"

"Kepp your voice down." Dean warned. "If you vamps have some other things in common that we've ganked before, it's that vampires have really good hearing. They also live in nests, which means this place should be crawling with vamps somehwere."

"Yes, we do hear better." Elena agreed, playig with a button on her denim jacket.

"I'm not a bird. I don't live in a nest." Katherine noticed Sam, finally making eye contact.

"What?"

"You look a lot nicer without wearing your own blood."

"What?!?" Sam asked again looking down. He was wearing his everyday clothes; jeans, a jacket, and a button down plaid shirt.

"Well I guess the angel knew a thing or two about when vampires smell blood." Katherine commented.

"Sam, look out!" Dean shouted as a vampire sped into the room, stopping to hiss at him. They watched in awe as a wodden stake plunched through his heart from behind, his body turning a blue-grey as he fell to the floor, dead. A kid about eighteen with brown eyes and brown hair with a device, like a glove with wooden stakes on his arm.

"Jeremy, what are you doing here?" Elena asked, quickly lowering her voice. "It's dangerous."

"I didn't come alone." Jeremy replied. He paused, looking at Sam and Dean.

"I'm Dean, that's Sam." Dean introduced, pointing to Sam with his thumb.

"I've never seen you in Mystic Falls before."

"We're from Kansas." Sam replied. "We came here from Richmond working a case. This is our job." Sam explained.

"Do you know where Xavier is?" Dean asked.

A vampire sped into the room. Her wavy blonde hair fell to her shoulders. Her blue eyes looked at Sam and Dean with curiosity. "I think I found him." She said to Damon, Elena and Stefan. She turned to Sam and Dean, giving them a half smile. "I'm Caroline."

"You two came here alone?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah."

"Ah, crap." Dean said.

"What?" Elena asked.

"He knows we're here."

"Well, does anyone here have a plan?" Damon asked.

As if on cue with a flutter of wings Castiel appeared. Jeremy and Caroline stared dumbfoundedly.

"Cas? What are you doing here?' Dean asked.

"The demon lied."

"Yeah, they usually do."

"Sheild your eyes!" Castiel shouted, seeing the two men entering the room.

They quickly obeyed. A blinding white light came from Castiel's hand and it blasted through the room, killing all the fanged foes that had just entered the room and a few down the hallway. Dean chuckled seeing Katherine's face.

"Angel, remember?"