Chapter 9

Dean's p.o.v
After Hailee leaves, I grab my phone and put Hailee's pic as my wallpaper and profile pic on WhatsApp.

I start liking pics on her Instagram page when I get a message from Dani.

Dani: hey Dean. Ur my only hope, I'm at the park. I need help real quick, pls hurry.

I grab my shirt and my car keys then run out. I speed to the park when the accident flashes in my head. I hit the brake and it occurs to me that I'm at the same street where it happened.

I end up calling Jake to help Dani. I go home and call Hailee. "Hey." She greets.

"Hey. Are you busy?" I ask. "No. I'm about to change and join my sister for the next Love Island episodes." She says excitingly.

"Why? What's wrong?" She asks concernly.

"I was about to go help Dani and I had a flash about the accident at the same street. I have a massive headache, I can't seem to think properly. I need help because my parents aren't here." I reply.

"Okay. I'm on my way. Just rest for a little bit, I'll come with my mom since she's a nurse." She says.

"Okay." I reply.

Hailee's p.o.v
I decide not to change, I tie my hair in a messy ponytail, grab my hoodie and run to my parent's bedroom.

I knock really hard. "Hey, what's wrong with you?" My mom asks. "Dean is having problems with his head and I need your help." I quickly respond.

My mom gasps. She puts on her night gown and ties her hair. We both rush out and get there with her car.

When we get there, the front door is wide open. My mom steps in and rushes to Dean finding him unconscious. "Dean?" I call.

He doesn't answer me. "His pulse is weak. We need to get him to the hospital." Mom says. Tears well in my eyes but I hold them up as mom calls the ambulance.

He's rushed to the hospital. I spend another night at the hospital, only this time with Jake. I fall asleep on his shoulder and he sleeps on my head.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

The next morning, I wake up to a familiar face and realise its Jake. Trying not to wake him up, I grab my phone and check the time.

Its 04:45. I reposition myself and place my head on his lap. He wakes up and covers me with his jacket and leans back falling asleep.

When I wake up again, its 07:25. I get up and walk to Dean's room. I walk in and close the door. I lie next to him, cuddling him under the blanket and fall asleep.

Dean's p.o.v
It's 9am when I finally open my eyes. I look around and see Hailee sleeping next to me.

I smile and remove the hair on her face. A second later, the doctor comes in and smiles at us. "How cute." He says with a smile.

"Anyway, how are you feeling?" He asks looking at the board in his hands.

I use my hand to tell him to lower his voice. Hailee looks super cute when she's sleeping. He nods and lifts his eyebrows waiting for an answer.

"Oh. I feel okay. Though my head hurts a bit." I reply.

He walks towards us and fiddles with the machine. Her mom comes into the room breathing heavily. "There she is." Her mom says.

"Morning Dean. How are you feeling?" She asks walking to Hailee. I use my  hands to tell her I'm fine. After a while Jake walks in.

"Hey man. What are you doing here? You're supposed to be with Dani." I say.

He stands next to Hailee's mom
"I'm here to fetch my jacket. Hailee was with me last night by the waiting chairs. When she stood up, she left with my jacket. But right now, I need to go check on Dani." He says.

I nod and kiss her on the forehead. "I think I should take her home." Her mom says placing a hand on her arm. But how does she not hear us?

When I straighten up to look at her, there's ear buds in her ears for a peaceful sleep. They're so tiny.

I reach out my hand to pull them out but her mom stops me. "You need to wake her up first." She tells me.

Her mom leaves and pulls Jake with her, closing the door. "Babe, wake up." I shake her softly. She opens her eyes slowly adjusting to the light coming from the window.

She puts her face on my chest. She groans then pulls her ear buds out. "Hey." I greet.

She smiles and gets comfortable next to me again. She pulls Jake's jacket off and cuddles me. "You cold?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "No. I just feel at home with you. That's all." She replies. I smile. She looks at me and I look at her. She kisses me and I kiss her back.

My mom walks into the room and starts crying softly. "Dean." She says. I pull away from the kiss and look at my mom. Hailee notices that I'm not happy to see her, so she stands up and excuses herself.

"I'm so sorry Dean. I didn't think it'll still affect you. I was positive that you were-" She says before I cut her. "What mom? Mmh? Strong enough to heal all by myself. Mom, I'm human. You always overestimate me. Yes I'm successful, but I have flaws too. I'm not inhuman."

"I..." My mom says. "Just leave it mom. Can I please be alone? Please." I ask softly. She nods and slowly walks out of the room and closes the door.

I feel like I'm going to cry but I don't. "I really don't wanna be here anymore."