Chapter 4

The next morning I wake up on the bed of the guest room next to Lisa and suprisingly Halsey.

I get up and rub my temples. "Damn." I whisper to myself, shuffling around carefully trying not to wake the others. I walk slowly to the door with one hand rubbing my right temple which hurts the most.

I open the door and hear chatter downstairs along with music. I walk to the stairs and see Dean on the phone shirtless, tidying up.

I stop rubbing at my temple and stare at him. He turns and smiles at me, I obviously smile back. He ends the call and walks towards me, while I'm standing frozen like an idiot.

"Morning beautiful." He greets. He leans into me and smiles on my cheek. "Hi Dean."

I shakily reply with my hands on his bare chest while trying to push him away. "May I...?" I ask trying to escape the heat between us.

He smiles and nods making space for me to pass. I jog downstairs and ask him for painkillers. He gets them for me and pours me a glass of water.

"Thanks." I say. I drink my water while admiring him from the kitchen whilst he tidies the living room.

"We need to go now." I say. "Wait, about the kiss, can we talk about it?" He asks. I roll my eyes and sit on the kitchen counter. "I really like you and I want to know how you feel, not for me but for...me." He jokes sitting next to me.

"Look Dean. I really liked you last year, but after...everything going on  with you and other girls. I don't think I want to be one of them."

I tell him, playing with my fingers. He takes my hand and looks at me, intertwining our hands.

"How can I prove to you that I only want you?" He asks in a soft voice. I shrug and pull my hand away from him.

I swiftly jump off the counter and fix my top. He smiles at the sight of me fixing it and jumps off the counter, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I stop breathing. "Tomorrow afternoon, I'll take you out to the Yankees game. I'll borrow you a shirt and a cap. I'll fetch you." He finishes and removes his arms.

I fast walk to the stairs and call for Halsey and Lisa. "Where are your parents anyway?" I ask, when I realise they're not here. "Work. They'll be back soon." He replies.

I nod as Lisa comes out the room almost falling because of her head, followed by a pain free Halsey. "It's time to go." I tell them before handing Lisa pain killers and water.

As she finishes up, I spot Halsey eyeing Dean. I roll my eyes and walk to the door, swinging it open and walking out.

"Bye, don't miss me too much." Dean says with a smirk.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

When Halsey and I get home, Halsey goes straight to bed when my parents  call to tell me they won't be home for dinner.

I rest for an hour. After getting up I head for the kitchen looking for mom's lasagna from last night. I sit down and eat when I receive a message from the one and only Dean.

Dean: What u up to?

Me: Y does it matter?

Dean: Idk, ik ur alone

Me: what's that suppose to mean?

Dean: You'll find out, I'm on my way to the door. Mind opening?

I look at the text and rub my eyes making sure I was certain of what I was seeing. Hell is about break loose, trust me.

There's knocking by the door. I put my plate in the sink and open the door. "Happy to see me?" Dean ask with a smile.

I try hiding my smile but fail to. "What do you want Dean?" I ask rolling my eyes irritatedly. Just when I turn around, he kisses me.

I fail to push him away. Why is this happening again? This time he doesn't give me time to breathe. I pull away and catch my taken away breathe.

Dean's p.o.v
Just after she turns to face me, I take my chance and kiss her without pulling away.

She pulls away and steps away. "Are you crazy?" She violently asks. I shake my head and shrug. "I guess I just really want to prove to you that I like you". She starts crying.

"Why are you crying Hailee?" I ask stepping towards her, wiping her tears.

"Because... I don't know what to say or feel. I really like you too but I just...I can't. "She says in her cry. "Why can't you?" I ask frowning.

She walks to the door and opens it. "Please... leave." She asks. I nod and walk towards the door. "I'm sorry if I made you feel this way." I say before pulling her into a long hug, not wanting to let her go. She pulls away and closes the door. Well, what an afternoon.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Hailee's p.o.v
After having dinner with my sister, I change into my PJ's and get into my bed checking my Instagram and liking Lisa and Halsey's pages from last night.

Before I get the chance to doze off, I get a text from Dean.

Dean: I'm sorry bout this afternoon

Me:its okay. Really

Dean: we still going 2 the game 2gether??

Me:yeah😊

Dean: phew. Awesome

Me: just becuz my emotions hit me hard doesn't mean i dont want u

Dean:😶

Me: omg, that was a mistake. I... knw wat,doesn't help explaining.  U won't listen anyway

Dean: finally! But ur actually admitting it, cuz y else would we b going 2 the game together?

Me: Don't get ur hopes up. The kisses r always happening when I'm occupied by something

Dean: but u kiss me anyway

Me: its not lyk that Dean

Dean: how is it?

Me: idk

Dean: ah, i see. I knock u off ur feet

Me: NO!

Dean: Lol. I got ya. Gud nyt. Just bring a jacket 2morrow with blue jeans. I'll provide the rest.

Me: okay...

I switch my phone off and put it under my pillow. I fall asleep with a smile on my face.