Waking Up <3 (Chapter 13)

• इन्हें समर्पित: PichaB

Woah! Hope u guys enjoy this chapter! I had a tough time writing it, but mainly cuz it's soooo dang sad.

Enjoy :)

Chapter 13- Waking Up

Louis-

In my dream I was guilt stricken; disturbed at myself for lying to Christa again. It was the night before I'd first attended her church, and as I remembered that, I realized my dream was not a dream at all. It was a memory.

Instead of listening to Christa's good-natured, Christian-like advice; instead of heeding her warning about partying on a Saturday night, I had broken a promise. I'd promised her over the phone that I would skip the party 'just for her'. Of course I had meant it, at the time.

But soon the need for a friend like Marc and the yearning for alcohol and a 'good time' overpowered me. I pulled my heavy eyes from the TV and grabbed my wallet on the way outside.

Walking all the way to Marc's house wasn't smart on my part. It wasn't late when I headed out; the skies were only beginning to darken. But if past experiences had proven anything, it would most certainly be late when I took the walk back. I guessed it was better than driving drunk.

I arrived just after nine, and lucky for me, Marc had just one beer left. It was enough, I told myself then, but deep down I was heavily disappointed.

I had a good time at the party, regardless, and I actually had the chance to speak with a few people I hadn't seen in a while. Not once did I think of the promise I'd made to Christa.

I began my walk back in the night, feeling oddly deserted in the dark. The heat was still smothering here, and it was almost one in the morning. That only added to my lack of awareness and distraught.

The street lights were on, and the light was somewhat calming. I found myself enraptured in the views of the beach. I could barely see the water from my location, but the moon's glow over the never-ending waters was comforting nonetheless. It reminded me vaguely of Christa.

Only with that thought did my sudden disgust with myself appear. I was lying about One Direction, my family, my friends, my life. I was lying to a person who comforted me like none other.... A person who I'd, in fact, just compared to the ocean itself.

I was lying to myself when I thought about my feelings for Christa; she had grown to be my rock, so to speak, yet I kept downing her importance in my life.

Could I say that I loved her? In a number of ways. From her glow in the sun on the beach to her ever present concern for my well being, she was definitely someone worth having. Someone worth the truth. But was I in love with her? Only time would tell. And if I kept lying to her, there wouldn't be any time left.

Would I tell her that? Probably not.

I gathered my thoughts and began to concentrate on my steps on the cement. I could hear the faint click of them in the near silence of the night. Not many people really go out late here, except for dumb partiers such as myself.

I counted my steps... One, two, three, four...

Suddenly, from an alley on my right, three men appeared, their eyes glued to me. Each had an expensive camera, and each man's expression was one of excitement. They began snapping their pictures, surrounding me, and I could almost hear their satisfaction at the information they'd uncovered.

They could now go back to their employer and reveal my location.

My first instinct should have been to run for dear life, but I found myself angry and enthralled suddenly with their appearance. They wouldn't get away so easily this time.

Making it Another Day &lt;3 (A Louis Tomlinson FanFic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें