Sugar & Strawberries <3 (Chapter 2)

Dedicated to FeatherMemories for being the first person to add this story to her reading list :)

Well, well. This is an awesome chapter if I do say so myself :)

I really hope you guys enjoy it.

See that button... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Yeah! That one. All it takes is one click to make me a very happy wattpadder! :)

One click! Just one!

READ ON, FANZZ!

Chapter 2- Sugar and Strawberries

            Christa-

            My face looked abnormally strained as I coaxed Louis into my car. I knew it was ridiculous to do this, but calling the police was my only other option, and I wasn’t completely sure that he was clear from the law. He’d taken to me innocently enough until this incident, so I assumed it was okay for me to give him a little care until he could sober up. Louis was walking, but dazed, and I soon figured out that hitting that dumpster had done wonders on his head. A lump the size of a golf ball had already begun to form within the five minutes it took to convince the other guys that I knew Louis, and that he was safe with me.

            Whether that was actually true or not, I couldn’t decide. But I told myself that I could take care of a drunken partier without having too much issue. With that thought I had begun to speak with Louis, telling him that I was going to take him home after he was better. He climbed into the passenger seat of my rental, and I pulled away from the curb, my mind in a whirlwind.

            I had been out for some reason late, telling myself that I just had to do my grocery shopping, even though it probably could have waited until Monday. But the truth was that I felt caged at home, and something had been prodding at me to get out of my apartment. When I thought back, it was probably God’s merciful hand, coaching me to leave, knowing that Louis was in need of a friend. That was what I believed God did for people, showing them His perfect will and making sure they followed His lead. Well, at least that was the way I viewed it.

            I had always pictured God with a map of each person’s life. On the map is drawn the path which they will take. The amazing part is that God already knows where a person will end up, but it is always up to them as to how they achieve their destination. When someone goes of course, if they are a believer, God uses instances (like the one I was currently in) to veer them back, teaching them valuable life lessons along the way. I guessed that this affair with Louis was just God’s way of keeping me on track.

            We were halfway to my apartment on the east end of the city. Louis suddenly stirred, mumbling something about beer pong, and I cringed. Maybe, I thought, this wasn’t the person I should get involved with. God’s hand might not be over me if I was intentionally dragging myself into trouble. But it was too late now. I’d already been thinking about this guy for most of the day, and now he was in my car, and injured. I had to do something.

            Our conversation on the beach had left me a bit confused. Why would Louis, a stranger to me, start a conversation, only to drift off into sleep not even five minutes later? Was I really that unappealing, or was he simply that in need of rest? These questions had plagued me, probably just another cause for my inability to sleep. And of course, that led to me finding him in the alley.