15

i told astrid i was going to the bathroom. i lock the door and look in the mirror. i keep reminding myself that this is the only option.

"you have to do it martinus." i say to myself.

i take a deep breath. i feel empty. like all my emotions are gone. for the first time i think this could actually work.

"let's go." i say when i go back to my room. i grab astrid's hand and leave the room. we go downstairs and put on our shoes before heading out.

"where are we going?" she asks curiously. oh if she only knew.

"there." i say and point to the cliff. she just nods and we keep going.

"sit there, i have a surprise for you." i wink. astrid sits down and i go over to a bush. the unknown told me they hid a gun there.

i quickly put it in my hoodie's pocket. then i walk back to astrid and sit next to her. i pull her in my lap and tie my arms around her.

"i love you, martinus." astrid whispers after a while.

"i love you too." i whisper back. i feel a small sting in my heart. i sigh and get up from the ground and pull her up too.

i place my hands on astrid's hips and pull her closer. i look into her eyes for a while before kissing her softly.

we end up looking at the sunset. i have my arm around astrid.

"stay there, i'm gonna take a picture." i say. instead of taking out my phone i take out the gun.

i point at the back of astrid's head and take a breath. i slowly start pressing the trigger with my finger.

"martinus, what the hell are you doing!" i hear adrian's voice from behind me. i startle and accidentally pull the trigger.

i turn my head back to astrid who has been shot in the chest. adrian runs past me and tries to grab her before she falls of the cliff.