prologue

the doorbell rings. i look out the window and see two police cars with sirens on. i gulp and look at my parents who have noticed the cars as well.

dad goes to open the door even tho i try to stop him. i never intended on anyone finding out. i was supposed to sort this out myself.

one of the police officers steps inside and walks up to me. no, this can't be happening. he tells me to turn around and put my hands in the air.

then he takes out a pair of handcuffs and forcefully puts them on me. he then drags me out of the house while i'm yelling to protest.

he pushes me to one of the cars while i try to fight back, it's no use. after not so long i'm sitting in the car and he slams the door shut.

i look out the window back to the door of my house where my mom is practically sobbing, not knowing what is happening to her little boys who grew up too fast, and the wrong way.

then i look to the other direction where my twin is being dragged to the police car next to me. he's yelling and trying to protest but nobody is listening.

but he's innocent, he's not involved in the crime i committed. my twin just happened to be out at that hour, unaware of my doings or people i was with.

i feel bad for him for having to get involved in this. i feel bad for my mom. she must be thinking she's a bad mom now. she's not. this isn't how she raised me.

this isn't how i am. i'm not bad. i'm a good person. i would never do anything to harm anyone. especially people i don't know.

this is all my fault. and i can't blame anyone else for something i'm responsible for. i take full responsibility for this.

i, martinus gunnarsen, killed someone.