chapter 1

Oddball was taking a nap in her basket and then she instantly woke up as Jessica unlocked the door and came through it with Christopher by her side.

"So, you wanna come over for Fall Break?" Jessica asked her boyfriend with a smile.

"Sure." Christopher smiled back.

"Jessica, I missed you so much!" Oddball ran over to her mistress and jumped up and down.

Jessica giggled and held her puppy. "Sorry that took so long, Oddball, but we had to have that lecture on integers."

"So, can we go see Uncle Patch and the others now?" Oddball asked.

"Yeah, let's just get our bags and we can meet the bus." Jessica smiled.

"Right." Christopher added.

Oddball cheered. Jessica and Christopher went to get their things so they could get on the bus to go away for Fall Break since there would be no classes. Oddball was excited because then she could see her favorite uncle and the Buddies, especially Budderball, and where they were going to celebrate Halloween together. Once Jessica and Christopher were ready, they went with Oddball on the college bus to bring them to the Fudo house for Fall Break.

Meanwhile at another school...

The bell rang and the kids rushed out in excitement, especially Darla and Amber.

"Wahoo! Finally!" Darla smiled.

"So, what're you gonna dress up as for Halloween this year?" Amber asked.

"Probably Princess Serenity," Darla shrugged. "What about you?"

Amber hummed in thought. "Kim Possible?"

"That sounds perfect." Darla smiled.

The girls then caught up with Annabelle as she joined them.

"I'm not sure what I'll be, maybe-" Annabelle was about to say until she looked up and saw a creepy house as they were on their way home from school. "Whoa, that looks creepy."

"It sure does." Amber said.

"What is that place?" Darla asked.

"I hear the older kids are going on a school trip there," Amber told the others. "It's called the Warwick's Mansion. I hear that if you say 'Halloween Hound' three times in front of Warwick's mirror, you would release the Halloween Hound."

"What's the Halloween Hound?" Darla asked.

"Legend has it that he is a ghost dog who leads the Netherworld." Amber replied.

"Whoa." Annabelle said.

"74 years ago on Halloween, the Halloween Hound appeared in a mirror and sucked the souls from a puppy named Pip and his siblings and their bodies had been turned to stone." Amber continued.

"What about Pip?" Darla asked.

"I'm afraid his soul got separated and he became a ghost." Amber replied.

"That must be terrible." Darla frowned.

"It's just a legend, but part of me believes in it..." Amber said. "Anyway, let's get going."

"You guys wanna meet at my place then?" Darla invited.

"Sure, besides, I've been wanting to meet Casper." Annabelle smiled.

"I wonder if he's in a better mood about Halloween?" Amber wondered.

"He is," Darla reassured. "He says it's refreshing for him to go out without people screaming 'ghost'."

"That's a relief." Annabelle smiled.

"Does he ever miss Kat?" Amber asked.

"Maybe sometimes, but I think he misses Wendy the Good Little Witch more." Darla smirked.

"Ooh." Amber and Annabelle smirked back.

Darla giggled.

The three then went to the Fudo house just as Jessica sat on the couch with Emily to catch up.

"Jessica!" Darla beamed to see her big sister was home.

"Hey there, Darla." Jessica smiled.

Darla hugged Jessica. "Oh, you're home."

Jessica hugged Darla back. "Yep, I'll be here all week."

"Yay!" Darla cheered.

"It's great to finally meet you." Casper smiled.

"Hi, Casper." Amber and Annabelle smiled back to the former ghost boy.

"Hey, girls." Casper smiled.

"So, this is what you look like as a human..." Amber said. "I pictured you bald."

"Blame my ghost form..." Casper rolled his eyes.

"You look better this way." Annabelle said.

Casper smiled bashfully. "Thanks."

"So, you ready for Halloween?" Emily asked.

"You bet!" Casper beamed. "This'll be a great one for me."

"It'll be fun for all of us." Jessica agreed.

"Oh, uh, Mom, we heard something about the Warwick place and we were wondering if you could tell us that it's just a legend." Darla spoke up.

The name Warwick caused for Emily to freeze up.

"Whenever Mom freezes up, it's never good." Jessica said.

"Mama Emily...?" Darla asked.

"I'm not one to tell you about it, that's more of your father and Drell's territory, but I'm afraid the legend is true." Emily replied.

"What?!" The girls asked out of shock.

Emily nodded. "It was 74 long years ago."

"How old are you?" Oddball asked.

Emily glanced over. "Never ask a woman for her age.

"So... You're 74?" Oddball asked then.

"No, I'm not," Emily giggled. "Though I am a little bit older than I actually am because I ran away to Never Land with my sister for a while once."

"Okay?" Oddball said, confused.

"You shouldn't ask a woman for her age, but Mom's mentally six while she has the appearance of at least 30." Jessica whispered with a giggle.

"Wow." Oddball whispered back.

There was then a distant puppy bark heard.

Oddball put her ear up and went to the open window and barked back with a smile, she then heard more barking and looked over. "Can I go to the park and meet the Buddies?"

"No, you can't," Patch's voice said before he looked firm and then smirked playfully. "Not without your favorite uncle."

"Yay!" Oddball smiled.

"I'm gonna take her out." Patch told the others.

"Just be back by 6:00 for dinner." Emily smiled.

Patch nodded and went with Oddball to meet the Air Buddies.

"Oh, I can't wait to see them again." Oddball smiled.

"Rosebud loves it when you come over," Patch smiled back. "Another girl on the team."

"I really missed Budderball too." Oddball then said, slightly blushing.

"I can tell." Patch smirked.

Oddball blushed slightly.