Chapter 9

---Alex POV

So today was the dinner. It’s gonna be like a coming out party , I chuckled at the thought. The first outing with us as a family; I rolled over on my side and pursed my lips. That means I’ll have to make a good impression.

My thoughts drifted and I was remembering when Jessica was sitting, with her illuminating eyes roaming my body as I built the go cart. What is she doing with Morgan? I know she still likes me but it hurts like hell right now to like her. I can’t stand not talking to her, but I can’t make myself forgive her. She got my hopes all high only to drop them in a dark pit of regret. I smirked, I could be a poet.

I shrugged out of my shorts and made my way towards the bathroom, I’ve got a lot to do today. First, I gotta find an outfit then cut my hair; then eat my sorrows away at the icecream shop.

Being so lost in my thoughts, I simply opened the door and walked in, running into Jessica and toppling us over.

“Sorry” I said quickly lifting her up off the floor.

What was she doing in my bathroom anyways?

She stood watching me with her cheeks flushed and red as a tomato. It was only then I realized her towel had fallen to the floor and she was naked.

I tried not to stare, keyword being tried. My eyes roamed her body as I bent to pick up her towel. Her round creamy breasts instantly captured my attention.

“Here”

She quickly grabbed it and turned away “Why are you in here anyways?” I asked

“The hot water isn’t working in my bathroom” she said softly.

I nodded and she left out the bathroom. I took off the remainder of my clothes then took a bath. Since I wasn’t going to school, I was in no hurry to finish soaking in the bath salts.

I dried off and pulled up my spongebob boxers and a beater. What? There is nothing wrong with animated boxer shorts, some people even find them ‘cute’. After, I pulled my favorite ripped jeans up.

I took my time and sluggishly walked down the stairs to the kitchen, mentally praying that Jessica had already left for school. Unfortunately for me, she was still at the counter eating her cereal.

“Morning” I greeted my dad.

Through the side of my eye I could see Jessica’s face getting redder by the second from just seeing my face.

“Hey, about dinner… you know that you have to dress formal right?” he asked

I rolled my eyes “No I was planning on wearing basketball shorts and knee length socks”

He chuckled “Just checking, and please do something with your hair Alex. It’s a conference not  a club.”

I groaned and blew a stray hair from my face.

“Alex, I’m going to the mall to get a new suit; you could tag along and get your hair cut if you’d like”  Lex said out of the blue.

“No than—” I felt someone’s foot connect with my shin

“Mother Fu—” I started

“That’s a great idea and I’m sure Alex accepts your invitation.” My father cut me off.

I glared at him, not because I’m talking to you means all is forgiven old man.

I got up and limped over to the cereal and made myself a bowl.