Marshall's Question

The daylight shone through the window over the two of us as Rally and I lie about, enjoying a lazy weekend morning. The trial had come to an end and all three of the assholes had been found guilty, though their sentences were yet to be determined. The county prosecutor told Rally that their time would likely be relatively minimal – they were first time offenders and the government is more worried about sending violent criminals to jail, rather than white-collar ones. Rally had taken that bit of reality better than I had, but at least it was all over.

I ran my hand lightly over the curve of Rally's back as I contemplated how we got here. If someone had told me that I'd be preparing to do what I had been, I'd have told them they were living a fantasy. Yet, as my fingertips traced my beautiful woman's spine, I couldn't find a single hesitation in my mind. I wanted her forever and I wanted the world to know it.

"You're going to put me back to sleep if you keep doing that." Rally said softly, her head moving to face me. I know that when I look at her, my eyes give away what I feel. I'm able to keep a mask on for just about anything, but the eyes really are the windows to the soul because mine do nothing but call out for her.

"Wouldn't want that." I said, my lip tilted up as I leaned over and placed a kiss on her lower back. "I have something for you." I said as she arched into me like a cat.

"You know, we've been together long enough that you don't need to use euphemisms." She teased and I chuckled, unable to control the response.

"Well, I have that for you, too." I responded. "But this is more in the form of a request." I murmured, continuing to trail kisses up her spine.

"You are giving me a request?" She asked, her voice breathy as she heated up under my mouth's attention.

"MM-hm." I said, licking a spot by her neck before I bit lightly.

"What kind of gift asks a favor?" She asked.

I leaned over to the bedside table and slipped my hand into the drawer, pulling out a little bag. I flipped Rally over and dangled it by the strings over her face. She looked at me, confused, before she grasped the velvet sack. When her fingers felt what was inside, she knew.

"Marshall," she breathed. "You never wanted to-" she started to say but I cut her off with a deep, thorough kiss. When we parted, I looked into her galaxy eyes, the universe there for me.

"I want to. Do me the favor?" I asked and Rally nodded and bit her lip as I pulled the metal circle out of the little bag and slipped the ring onto her finger. I kissed her palm before looking back up into her eyes.

"I love you," she whispered and my soul responded in kind as the words slipped out of my mouth.

"I love you."

A/N:  And, we've found the end. I'm likely to keep up some shorts for Marshall since I seem to get plenty of requests for them. I am behind on fulfilling all the requests I've received, but I do my best to keep track, so don't be afraid to ask if you have another celebrity/character that you love and would like to see a story for. I can't promise that I'll do it, but I'll happily consider your suggestions. Until then, happy reading!