- A -

"HASEUNG! HASEUNG!"

Vernon called her name as he ran from his house to hers, which was only a few meters away since they're houses were only across from each other.

Haseung woke up from her nap in the living room couch to a panting Vernon.

"What is it Nonnie?"

She asked, her voice a bit groggy from waking up. Seeing as Vernon was still taking in breaths and wiping off his sweat, Haseung sat up and patted the place beside her.

They were now teens and is dreading highschool. Both of them got less time to hang out together every afternoon because of the assignments they each have to make.

"I got scouted!"

He happily told her the news.

"Scouted?"

She asked out. Vernon had a knack if telling made up stories of him rapping in a stage in front of a huge audience, but this one was another unbelievable one.

"Yeah! In front of our school! How great is that!"

Haseul looked at Vernon. His smile reaching his ears and his eyes forming crescents. Just seeing this in front of her made the butterflies inside her stomach waken. Oh how she wished that he would smile for her, and only her.

"That's great!"

Vernon laughed an excited laugh. He suddenly lunged over Haseung to give her a hug.

Too stunned to comprehend what was happening, Haseung just sat there, unmoving. But after some seconds, she smiled and hugged him back. Just as tight as he was hugging her.

___________________________________

Days and weeks passed, Haseung barely hung out with Vernon anymore, not even being to see him around school or their neighborhood.

She went to the house across from theirs and rang the doorbell. A familiar woman opened it.

"Hello auntie, would you mind if I ask where Vernon is?"

"Oh, well darling, he doesn't stay here anymore..."

Haseung's world went still for a moment. Did she hear that right? Vernon's mom wasn't joking right? She looked up back at her, but her facial expression is far from kidding.

"B-but where? Why?"

Tears were starting to leak out but she held it in, biting her lower lip as she stopped a sob from coming out.

"Didn't he tell you? He got in an entertainment and that required him to stay there for some time."

The woman looked down at the now crying child, unsure why her son didn't tell her any of him moving. She kneeled down to Haseung and looked up at her teary eyes. She smiled and hugged her, Haseung now bawling.

"It's alright, don't worry. I'm sure there's a reason why he didn't tell you."

Haseung wanted to believe her words, but her betrayed heart refuses to take in anything at the moment.

—————

Yo I'm such a bad writer, I keep changing Haseung's name to Haseul and I have to rewrite it every time I proof read omg.

Anyways, the next chap would be the last one, but I'm thinking of giving it an alternate ending? Idk, I will if you guys want.

-Angel ☁