Three

Sherlock adjusted his cuff links, smoothing over his blazer before walking into the house with the crowd of people. He stopped in the corridor, looking at himself in the mirror. His white button down was a bit too small for him, but it just made him sexier. The shirt was covered with a navy blue blazer that stuck to him and toned out his muscles, making him look irresistible. He ran a hand through his curls, grinning at his reflection before staring to walk around, scoping everything out himself since Greg left him to go to a different party.

There were many boys here. Many fine looking boys in fact. Sherlock looked over each one, biting the inside of his cheek as he looked over a blond boy facing the opposite direction dressed in a martin sweater and tight khaki pants that made Sherlock's mouth water. He was talking with a man and he was obviously older and going by the way he was biting his lip and looking at the younger one, he wanted more than to just talk. Sherlock grabbed a flute of champagne off the tray that passed him before walking past the two, hearing the blond excuse himself from the conversation. Sherlock kept walking around, knowing he didn't need to step in.

Sherlock walked around the house once more, sneaking upstairs and finding his way to the master bedroom, going into the closet and finding the jackpot of jewelry. He took a few pieces, the ones that were the most, tucking them into the inside pocket of his blazer before going back downstairs. Once he was at the bottom of the steps a certain person caught his eye. It was the boy from earlier, but also the boy from the diner. He grinned to himself and headed over to him, but he was in the middle of a conversation with someone, so Sherlock made his presence noticeable before starting up a conversation with a posh boy who wore glasses and red tie.

"Sorry, Jermey, do you mind if I steal this man away from you?" John asked one of the candidates his mother already made him speak to.

"Go ahead. We were finishing." Jeremy said then smiled at the waiter before walking away.

John stepped into Jeremy's spot, looking up at the brunet. "I didn't know this was your type of scenery."

"Why? Because I work at a shit diner?" Sherlock asked.

John nodded. "Pretty much. Yes."

Sherlock grinned. "I do this for a friend. Show up when he can't, then fill him in on things that happen."

"What else does a diner boy like you do for a living?" John asked, subtly stepping closer.

"I go to clubs, pick pocket here and there." Sherlock said.

John's face went blank. "What?"

Sherlock laughed and shook his head. "I'm kidding!" he smiled. "Or am I?"

John smiled. "I'd love to go out with you one night."

"That so?" Sherlock raises a brow.

John licked his lips, nodding. "Yes." he said then snapped out of his daydream when he heard his mother calling for him. "I'll try to catch you later."

"I'll be around."

"And I'm, John, by the way." the boy spoke as he backed away slowly, his cheeks covered in a deep blush like at the diner.

"Sherlock."

"Johnathan!" a woman shouted slightly.

"I-I've got to go. I'll try to catch you again." John said then turned around, going over to his mother in a hurry. "I was talking to someone, mum." John said angrily to his mother.

"Well he doesn't matter. This is Charles." she said.

John smiled at the man in front of him. He was a bit taller than him with jet black hair and blue eyes. He was very attractive, and John thought he was alright.

"Nice to meet you, John." Charles flashed a smile that made John's knees go week. He stuck his hand out and John took it, shaking it.

"You too, Charles." John pulled his hand away then felt his mother walk away from beside him.

Sherlock moved on to someone else and started talking with them as he kept the view of John in his sight. He felt a bit of jealousy when he saw John laughing with the other man or when he saw his face get red. Sherlock controlled his anger and just told himself not to worry about it because he didn't have a chance with someone like John. After all, he was just some low life and John was like a prince. Posh and beautiful.

After the conversation with Charles died out, John moved onto someone else and spotted Sherlock heading towards the kitchen, so he divided to follow him. He followed the waiter through the kitchen then outside where he stood with one hand in a pocket while the other held a cigarette to his mouth. John hugged himself as his sweater wasn't much protection from the harsh winter air. "Smoking kills." John spoke up.

Sherlock looked over his shoulder then turned back around. "I didn't plan on living long anyways." he said then took another drag.

John walked up to Sherlock and took the cigarette out of his hand, dropping it onto the the ground then stepping on it.

Sherlock looked down at the boy as he blew the smoke out the corner of his mouth. "Against smoking then?" he asked with a slight grin.

"Yes. And it'd be awful if a someone as handsome as you died of lung cancer or of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease."

"Are you using death to flirt with me?"

John's blush was noticeable even in the darkness. "Possibly."

Sherlock moves closer to the boy. "Why'd you follow me out here?"

John shrugged. "I dunno. Just wanted to."

"Is it not because you're interested?" Sherlock asked.

John looked down at his feet. He felt the chill of the cold finger tip press to his chin then let his chin be lifted by the finger. The cold eyes met with his and and froze, watching the waiter's lips curl into a smirk.

"It's easy to tell that you have a minor crush on me." he leaned in closer, their noses centimeters apart from each other. "Have you been keeping me in your thoughts, John? Thinking about if you asked for my name Sunday? What we've could've done over the week?"

John nodded, a small whimper escaping the back of his throat.

Sherlock grinned and moved his hand to the side of the boy's face, kissing him softly, earning a kiss back.

The kiss was interrupted when the door leading into the kitchen opened and a woman's voice called for John. "Your mum is looking for you, John."

John pulled away and peeked over Sherlock's shoulder to see Irene. "I'll be there in a sec." he said then watched Irene step back inside. John looked back up at the waiter and smirked, gripping the lapels of his blazer and pulling him in for another kiss, this time it was very heated. John felt the cold hands press against his cheeks and he shivered then pulled away. "I need to get back in there. Before my mother has a heart attack."

"So this party was for you then?" Sherlock questioned.

John nodded. "I have to marry soon. The people in there are specific people that my mother chose for me to choose from."

"Oh," Sherlock said softly. "Well... that sucks."

"It does." John stepped back from Sherlock, the hands falling from his face. "So I should really go back in." he started backing away to the door.

Sherlock turned quickly and caught the boy's wrist. "Give me one more thing; your number." he said with a smile.

John chuckled and watched the waiter reach into his pocket and take out his phone before handing it to him. John put in his number then texted himself so he'd have Sherlock's number.

"And one more thing." Sherlock kissed John one last time before letting him go, watching him walk back into the kitchen. Sherlock stuffed his hands back into his pockets, walking around the house and to the side walk, starting his walk home with a smile on his face.

There was a bit of guilt in Sherlock's stomach as he remembered that he had a pocket full of John's mother's jewels. He needed to get money some how and he didn't know it was John's house when he took the jewels. And if Sherlock knew he probably wouldn't have done it. Maybe just a necklace, but not all that he had taken.