Chapter Eighteen

I waited on the front steps of the school for my friends to arrive as usual. Why does dad have to drop me off so early? It's extremely boring waiting for Steph and Lisa to show up, they're almost always late.

I fiddled with my red hair, which I left down for my presentation of the Romeo and Juliet scene, and ran lines over in my head to distract myself from the boredom of waiting.

I went through the whole scene twice before something caught my interest. Liam's car pulled into his usual parking spot and he slowly got out, followed by Danielle.

Wasn't he suppose to break up with her?

Maybe he hasn't gotten a chance to yet. The logical part of my brain told me.

Maybe.

They slowly walked over to me, Danielle clinging to Liam's arm, and Liam looking unimpressed.

"You go on ahead, I have to talk to Emma about our presentation." He told Danielle when they got to me.

She sighed but walked off without another word, much to my surprise. I expected a little bit of whining before she gave up.

"I don't know what to do." He grumbled when his girlfriend was out of hearing range.

"About what?" I asked, studying his expression for any sign of what he was talking about, but of course his face was an emotionless brick wall.

He sighed, "After I left your house yesterday I went over to Danielle's to break up, and she wouldn't let me."

My face screwed up in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"She said I couldn't break up with her. I had to at least give the relationship a shot before ending it. We argued for a while about it and I just gave up." He explained, running a hand through his hair as he spoke.

"That's insane." I commented. You can't just make someone be with you.

He nodded in agreement.

"Well if she won't let you break up with her, you have to make her break up with you." I thought out loud.

He cocked his head to the side as he thought that over, "How am I suppose to do that?"

I shrugged, "You have to be an awful boyfriend. Ignore her, talk to other girls. I don't know."

"That's what I've been doing this whole time." He pointed out.

I guess that's true, he's never seemed to have any interest in her, except when they first started hanging out, before I got dragged into his gang feud. What could he possibly do to get her to break up with him?

"I'll try to think of something. But until I do, try to break up with her again at lunch maybe." I suggested. Maybe when she sees that he really doesn't want to be with her, she'll accept it.

Liam nodded and then we sat in silence as we tried to figure out how to get him out of this mess. I guess this is what you get for leading someone on that you have no feelings for. I shouldn't even be helping him, but I feel bad for them both, and it's better for me if he's single. I'm allowed to kiss him if he doesn't have a girlfriend, and I still need to win three kisses.

Maybe I won't feel bad for using him to win the game, he used Danielle, I'm basically just getting back at him for her. And he never needs to find out about the game anyway. I could totally win and get away with it without any consequences.

Not long after our conversation stopped, Lisa and Steph got to school and I walked off with them after saying goodbye to Liam.

"Have to talked to Leo much since we all hung out at my house?" I asked Steph when we were out of earshot from Liam.