Victory

Elizabeth’s reply took ages and Brittany began to lose all hope she thought she had lost her only chance to freedom. She had no other evidence, to captivate her step-dad, without the reply she would have to grin and bear her brutal beatings and remarks until the end of her. Just when she was about to give up a letter addressed to Brittany arrived it was a red envelope with beautiful handwriting on the front, enclosed it said:

Dear Brittany,

Sorry for the wait I have been dreaming of this for years, someone to tell me that the ‘beast himself’ has been found. I really had to think of a reply, I decided to go with short and sweet, as I know you will be visiting soon. Of course, I will help you he should have been locked up years ago and I am happy to be of service. Come as soon as possible. My contact number is 07958657432. See you soon

Glad to be of help Elizabeth.

Brittany read the letter over and over again she could not believe the reply was just as she dreamed it would be. Her heart was racing with excitement and if she could have, she would be on her way to Tottenham straight away but she had to run things through with Jamario as he insisted he would drop her there. She started to jump up with joy just as her mum walked in.

‘It’s nice to see that smile on your face; you’ve been gloomy for what felt like forever.’ Her mum said in an almost normal tone.

‘I just had some good news that’s all.’ Brittany exclaimed still grinning cheerily. She was quite surprised how someone’s doom was making her feel on cloud nine, but then again it was the ‘apes’ doom so everything was fine.

‘Care to share your good news’

Brittany’s mum said with a hint of sarcasm knowing her daughter wouldn’t say a word.

‘No, I’m just on my way out anyway, see you when I see you,’ she replied as partly predicted.

Brittany gave her mum a quick one-armed hug and ran out before her mum had a chance to retaliate. She found herself running to Jamario’s house but stopped when a bunch of little boys watched her chest as she was in mid sprint. The rest of the way she just grinned happily to herself, she felt like nothing could bring her down. Until she saw the gang standing on Jamario’s doorstep smoking and joking about, now she would never get to tell Jamario about the letter.

‘Hey babes, your looking nice today- he said biting his lip and winking. ‘Remember we got our battle against GC today’.

She had completely forgotten about the battle which she hyped about before now it felt like an obstacle, she was quite glad she wasn’t freestyling tonight. However, she didn’t let it show in her expression, she just nodded said hi to everyone, sat on Jamario’s lap, and joined in the convo. It was not as bad as she thought, it was quite cool just chillin’ and not worrying about things; such as her step dad. They talked about their rivals and the battle they were cussin’ and dissin’ them.

‘You see their leader yh, Oh My Gosh his nose is like the size of Jupiter fame all spread out ting’ Corey said and everyone bussed out laughing.

‘Oi and remember the time we had a battle wid them and he just stood there cah he knew he flopped’.

More laughter and jokes were shared and they were talking on the doorstep for ages but his mum called them all in for a meal to prepare them for the competition. Jamario’s mum knew about the battle but she did not know that the battle could turn into something dangerous if they were not careful which they usually weren’t. After eating Jamario and Brittany went upstairs to mess around and get dressed for their night out. They came downstairs loooooooong after but they were looking nice, Jamario in his Ed Hardy top with G-Star Raw jeans and white air forces and Brittany in her blue and pink adidas tracksuit and high top adidas trainers. Compared to them everyone just looked like they were wearing Primark clothes on sale. They could not all fit in Jamario’s car so they decided to take the bus. When they got there all the GC gang was there already practicising their bars. It started almost immediately, the plan was for each gang to spit a rhyme and then the crowd would decide who did best, they had to do it for three rounds and the one with the most votes won.

GC started first:

Been livin’ on these streets since I was 1 years old,

Had to go through all the crime had to be bare bold.

Tings ain’t running smoothly but I had to be me,

Now I’m rapping against a gang that is so crappy.

Then Moorcroft:

We haven’t come here to hear about your sad old life,

About your pain or your struggles or your flipping strife.

We just came for a battle but we see you ain’t good,

Just run away and go back to your scaredy cat hood.

In the end, Moorcroft won that round and the two to come and they were so happy they opened a few bottles of rum there and then and started drinking and getting hyped with the crowd. The even better thing was that it didn’t resolve in a fight GC gang just went home with their heads hung in shame saying they would be back. The rest of the night was a big celebration and more people kept rolling in. Jamario and Brittany were just in a corner kissing and getting drunk they were actually really happy just to have one high in their life now.

They got to Jamario’s house very late and his mum was waiting up for him.

‘Where have you been, you didn’t tell me you would be so late.’ She said sternly but without raising her voice.

‘Mum I’m sorry, we won the battle so we just had a celebration, and I didn’t mean to stay that late’. Jamario slurred whilst suppressing a drunken giggle.

‘You are drunk that’s it no more parties or staying out late for two weeks you took the piss Jamario, your lucky I know the state Brittany’s life is in otherwise I would have taken her home’

‘Mu-

He was about to argue but his mum gave him the look. He’d known this look from when he was little and he knew when his mum did it there would be a huge fight if he opened his mouth again. Whilst all of this was going on Brittany just held on to Jamario’s arm, she had never actually seen Tania angry and it surprised her how beautiful she looked even with her face screwed up in disgust.

‘I’m sorry Tania it won’t happen again, it was partly my fault I kept telling Jamario I didn’t want to go home.’

Brittany said quietly.

Jamario was about to protest but Brittany squeezed his arm silencing him.

‘Thank you for your honesty sweetie, you two just go to bed now, I think we all need some sleep. Goodnight.’ Tania said yawning.

Jamario and Brittany clambered upstairs but they could hear Tania downstairs making tea and watching TV. Brittany felt sorry for her at that moment Jamario respected his mum but didn’t always follow her rules and she must be worried sick when Jamario doesn’t answer his phone late at night and not knowing where he is must be hard. Brittany talked to Jamario about it for a bit and he promised he would change towards his mum just for her. At the end Jamario lent in to kiss Brittany and the kiss ended up with clothes sprawled out everywhere. This was their first time of getting this far and Brittany was really scared.

'We dont have to do this if you dont want to baby' Jamrio whispered lightly kissing her lips.

She instantly melted the thought of him not pressuring her into doing this made her want to do it more.

'I want to baby just take it slow' She smiled.

'Babes when i go in you wont be wanting it slow' He winked cheekily and recieved a playful punch from Brittany.

They began to kiss and the atmosphere was full of lust and love. He guided himself in slowly and she felt alot of pain but he whispered sweet nothings in her ear. A few moments later the pain subsided and he began to move slowly she moaned softly. Lets just say that Brittany had a lot of fun.

When  they finished hours later, they were both too tired to even talk about what they’d just done so they shared one last kiss and both fell asleep peacefully.  She went to sleep thinking about what her and Jamario's relationship would be like now, she also thought about her mum’s feelings, it wasn’t entirely her fault the one she loved was a complete beast. So she decided the quicker she got him in jail the sooner her and her mum’s relationship would return to normal.