The Rap and The Letter

Sorry for the wait but here you go. Thanks to those who commented. Love you all xxxx

Love GGsmilez

Two days later, she was sitting in her tiny ice-cold room talking to her friends on facebook. She also inboxed Jamario her rap:

My Step Dad Came Into My Life,

Said He Could Fix All The Pain And The Strife.

But Little Did My Mummy Know He Was Causing Me More,

Secretly Abusing Me and Leave me Bloody On The Floor.

He Does It in The Places That No One Will See,

Said That If I Ever Tell He Would Kill Me.

Now I’m Always Scared And Don’t Know What Do,

So I Gotta Find Something Gotta Get Proof.

I Gotta Tell Mummy She Has To Know,

He is a Dirty Ape He’s Got to Go.

He’ll Soon Be Gone If It’s the Last Thing I Do,

When It’s All Done I’ll Be Glad I Got Through.

I Can Only Trust You Baby You Mustn’t Tell,

If You Do, I’m Bound To Fail.

She hoped he liked it, it was short but it said a lot, when all of it was over she hoped to show her mum as well.

 The house was very noisy because her mum and the ‘ape’ were fighting over some stupid nonsense. ‘Yes’ she was thinking ‘maybe if they break up I won’t have to put him in jail’. Then reality hits and she can here stillness, which meant they were probably kissing and making up. ‘Uggghh they make me sick’ she whispered allowed. It was only nine in the morning and the lover’s tiff down stairs had woken her up not that she was sleeping anyway she was to busy planning her stepfather’s way out of her family. When she heard the door slam for the second time, she knew she was free to make her move to the so-called ‘study’. She listened for a few minutes to make sure no one had forgotten any thing in the house because if she were spotted in the study she would have a fresh batch of bruises by tomorrow. One minute passed… three minutes... five minutes and then she definitely knew that she was home alone. She crept down the stairs which now felt never ending because of the deafening silence, her conscience kicked in a few times which made her rethink her plans. It took her almost ten minutes to reach the bottom stem and snoop around in the poky box of a room known as an ‘office’. It was so dusty and there was bitten and mouldy food left everywhere, the stench was so rotten she gagged every step she took. ‘I have to get some proof of the bad things he is doing to me, I have to do what ever it takes’, she thought whilst cringing. About half an hour later she found a murky black box with chains on it, she tugged on them and found they were just a defence mechanism and that they slid off with ease, in the box was the key to her plans but they had to be used wisely to be of any use. They were letters and after reading, a few she found out the beast had a daughter and family in Tottenham, which was about 30 minutes away from her house. Now she also knew why he did not keep in touch he used to be an alcoholic and always beat his old wife so she threatened to get him arrested and he disappeared. The letters were from his 15-year-old daughter who was trying to find him but he just ignored her, he left her when she was only five and she had never seen him since. This made her very sad to think a father could ever do such a thing but she already knew how revolting, vile and irresponsible her step dad could be. This was her ticket to freedom and she was not going to waste any time, she would write a letter to the address of her step dad’s family and would arrange a day to meet them that is if they would cooperate in her plan and she was quite sure they would.

The letter went like this:

Dear Miss Elizabeth,

You may think it is weird to be getting a letter from a complete stranger but I am writing to tell you that I know your disgusting ex husband. He is my step dad and he waltzed into my family pretending to be the perfect man but I know he isn’t and so do you. He beats me and I don’t know who to turn to I know that if we work in partnership we will be able to get him in prison; I would like to meet you to discuss how to bring him down. Please let me know. Call me on 07968754320

Yours Sincerely Brittany

Later that afternoon, she went to Jamario’s house to tell him what she had achieved so far. He was quite surprised to see her as they had not arranged to meet up but luckily, the gang was just leaving his house they all greeted and said they had to go. She faked being sad about their departure but was actually happy that they were leaving. Brittany gave Jamario a big hug and a long kiss and then they went upstairs to his room so they could speak privately even though his mum was at work. They listened to music for a bit and talked about her rap; he had loved it and said that she should publish it when everything was over. Brittany had an idea of what she was going to do after everything, and her rap was going to be a part of it but that was definitely going to be a secret. Brittany could not hold her good news in for more than 15 minutes. He was so happy for her, he could not stand to watch the amount of bruises on his girlfriend grow nearly everyday. He told her he would go to Tottenham with her if it worked out, he insisted even when she said otherwise, he would not let her go alone no matter what.