Chapter 1

It was the first day of senior year. Avan was still that bad boy that got all the girls, and Ariana was still that unique girl with red hair and amazing voice. Everyone else was just the same. Not much happens in four years, although everyone expects change. Not in Los Angeles. It's odd, big city but no change whatsoever. This was the last year of high school with all their friends, after this they'd all be going off to college and they'd probably never see each other again. Avan and Ariana were definitely not in the same group of friends. Avan hung around the cheerleaders and Ariana hung out with people who were not often noticed, but Ariana herself was a very well known person, not in a bad way. She wasn't one of those skanky girls, she was very kind and sincere when it came to others. Everyone at school can say that she's helped them out at least once. Avan? He barely interacted with anyone that wasn't in his own clique.

The bell rang and everyone rushed to their classes, Avan was sitting in back of Ms. Sadie's English class when Ariana walked in, Avan was looking her up and down and had a smirk on his face. She often just brushed off his looks. She hated when he hit on her because he often said the same things to other girls and that was not a good thing in her book. She felt that a guy should stay faithful to only one girl, and nobody else, and if you can't do that then you're not worth her time at all, she wanted a kind, mellow, sweetheart to be with. As of this moment, Avan Jogia was not that guy. Nor would he ever be. 

Ariana's POV

I walked into Ms. Sadie's class and noticed Avan at the back of the class surrounded by girls. I wasn't particularly attracted to his type for that exact reason. He smirked at me and then winked. I just scoffed and under my breath I said,

"Ew. I cannot believe him."

The nerve of him to give me such a look, I didn't even like him and that was a first for me because I was friends with everyone. Whether it was a nerd, or a prep, or even the kids who tend to be loners. There was no reason not to like everyone, but Avan. Pft, he was a wholenother story. Avan had no reason to be friends with anyone other than those of his social group, which was mainly girls. Those girls were desperate for attention from him. He was such a big flirt, it got annoying sometimes. I continued the way to my seat which just so happened to be in front of Avan's. As soon as I walked over to my desk all the cheerleaders flocked away. It's almost like they travel like geese or birds that go south during winter. I just didn't know how to describe them.

I sat down nicely with my black skirt that stopped about 75% of the way down my thigh, which also partially covered my nude colored, flowered pattern tights, my white boat neck quarter sleeve shirt that was mostly covered with my light pink cardigan, that had pearl embellishments on the left side, and only the first button was buttoned, and then I crossed my black ankle boots.

I listened to Ms. Sadie as she called our last names,

"Adams, Arcman, Adles, Braden, Bados, Braxton, Brosnan, Berkley, Cartlet, Deneena, Grande-"

He cut off my thoughts, then I answered,

"Hi I'm here."

He smiled and continued,

"Garcia, Garlenda, Haleigh, Harcrus, Jogia-"

I paused, as I heard him casually say, 

"You see me don't you? So why should I have to say, 'here'?" 

The teacher was not impressed by his rude remark, but continued the class list.  Suddenly I felt him tap on my shoulder. It was Avan. I turned around quickly, and saidm 

"Oh my gosh, what do you want?"

"You."

"Uh, Excuse me?"

"Me, you, date. Tonight at 8."

"Uhm. I don't think so, and I'm pretty sure that's not how it works Avan."

"No buts about it Ariana. I'll see you at 8."

Then he handed me a piece of paper that was folded, I took it from him turned around, and  opened it, it read, 

Here's my number. 

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Call me maybe, baby. ;)

I was slightly disgusted about the whole situation but then another part of me was like was almost jumping out of my skin. I didn't know how to feel about this. I slipped the note into my bag, and turned around to face the teacher.