Chapter Two

(That's Suki! I don't have the time to do digital art right now, but maybe during this weekend I can draw the whole crew! Thank you for reading my story!)

Chapter Two

"Why Jenna, you mean you haven't figured it out yet? The higherups of Hell."

Your breath got caught in your throat. Your brain was probably about to short-circuit and turn into flames. Hell? That's a joke, right?

"I'm sorry, what?" Don laughed. "Oh yeah, thanks for the info. Good to know I'm in a ah, what's the phrase? I'm in a made-up place? This is a prank?"

Quince smirked at Don's denial, "I assure you, this is actually hell. You guys are pretty lucky though, you died young!"

"How is that lucky ?!" You exclaimed.

"You're lucky because you're young enough that the universe doesn't really feel like weighing your soul. You haven't done enough in your life to be considered good or evil. This house is really more of a middle ground."

"Oh," you relaxed. "So, like. Purgatory?"

Quince nodded, "I would agree with that. The spirits or whatever in charge of all this afterlife shiz just call everything that isn't heaven 'hell.' It's really a lazy system considering how many different levels of Hell there really are. Sorry for giving you guys a scare like that, I just couldn't resist."

"We... are dead?" Jenna continued.

"That is correct."

Don rubbed his eyes, "And how uh. How do you fit into all of this?" You nodded with the question since you wanted to know, too.

"Oh, I'm dead, too. Truthfully, we are almost the same. The difference is that I died a couple decades ago and you guys died just a couple hours ago."

Jenna groaned, "Could you please just give us a run down? This interrogation is driving me nuts." You had to agree with her on this one. It felt like he was toying with you all.

Quince sighed, "Alright, alright. Miss no-fun-loser-pants." Jenna huffed "So, You guys all died. You all died and you're all under the age of thirty. There are some people who are under thirty that get their souls weighed, but only when it's someone who seriously did something that changed the world at a young age. None of you did that. Because of this, you are now here. It's called a 'Hell House,' but it's really just a house with some other occupants around your age who also died young. There's Four other people in this house, plus us four makes eight. Two more and we'd have a full house."

"There's other houses like this?" you questioned.

"Yes, but we can't reach them. As of now, you live in this house... until the end of time. I doubt you can wrap your head around that yet, so It may be better to just not think about it."

"And how do you know all this?" Jenna asked.

"I died a lot earlier than everyone else in this house. I've simply been here the longest. I was alone for nearly a year. When the big guys upstairs wanted to fill up this house, they decided to give me all the information I needed to run this house rather than just give us a guide. The perks are that I know a lot of shit, but on the flipside, I also have a lot of rules."

"Like...?" You prompted.

"Liiiiiike, I'm not allowed to tell you guys everything I know, and I'm supposed to keep you in check," Quince sighed. "It kinda sucks. I have to babysit, and I'm not even allowed to lay it all out there."