A Call from Heaven

Leo

"So, what do you guys do for fun?" I asked Lizzie and Alana, trying to make some converstation. We had been sitting at dinner for 30 minutes and not one of us had spoken a word.

"Oh, you know, nerdy stuff. We study, read, watch stuff, play chess and checkers. All that fun stuff." Lizzie answered but it looked like she was trying not to smirk. Alana sighed and stabbed at her food.

"Really?" I asked sceptically. They didn't seem like the type to just sit around. especially not Alana.

"Now we do," Alana wrote on a napkin. " I didn't use... oh nevermind. Yeah that's what we do. Sometimes we go to the park but other than that, we're like a platypus. We don't do much(A/n Phineas and ferb reference).

"Right. Well maybe we could hang out after our last class gets out." I said, hoping they would say yes. I had a feeling they were part of the reason I was here.

"Hmm, yeah sure. Okay." Lizzie answered and I felt myself smile. I would get to hang out with her. I was about to reply when Alana grimaced. "What's up Laney?" She looked at Lizzie and nodded her head to her right. I had a suspicion as to who it was and, sure enough, I was right. Dimitri. She had been grumpy all day since he was  jerk towards her this mornig. She opened her mouth, as if to say something, but instead shut her mouth and grabbed the napkin.

"What do you want?" Alana wrote and shoved the napkin towards Dimitri when he reached our table. He read the note and looked up with an almost saddended expression when he saw the grimace on her face. But the he composed himself with a blank face.

"I want to talk. Just us." He answered. I looked up at him and glared. How dare he think he can just act normal after what he said this morning. He looked towards me and rolled his eyes.

"Why would I want to talk to you?" Alana wrote and I could almost feel the anger rolling off. I could see the hurt in her eyes but something else, too. Curiosity.

"Because. Just talk to me, please. And if you're still mad at me after we talk then you can punch me for wasting your time." Dimitri answered. As he said that Alana's face lit up and she grinned like the Chesire Cat. I looked towards Lizzie and saw a small smile on her face.

"Oh no, I know that look. You are in for it, boy." Lizzie said to Dimitri and he just shrugged.

"So, you'll talk to me?' Dimitri asked with what sounded like... Hope.

"Yup." Alana wrote, still grinning.

"Good, come on." He said, and Alana walked with him out of the Caffeteria. I looked towards Lizzie who looked kind of nervous now that it was just us.

"Oh, well, um... I have, um, class, so, uh, I guess I'll, uh, see you afterwords?"Lizzie asked, and a faint blush spread across her cheeks.

"Yeah, I'll see you then." I answered and after the words left my mouth she got up and rushed out of the room. Okay then, I thought to my self and grabbed my stuff heading outside for my next class. But I didn't make it. As I walked outside the sky lit up, a brilliant white that almost blinded me. 

"Leo." I heard a voice command. Looks like I'm not going to class, I thought to myself. Heaven's calling.

                                                    ****************************************************

When I opened my eyes, I was in the meeting room. The same room where I recieved my mission that sent me to MSA. Slowly I bowed to the Archangels before, waiting for their command to rise.

"You may rise, Leo." Stated Samson. I rose and looked towards the Archangels.

"You know that you have been sent to Matthew's School of Art for a reason." Began Uriel. I nodded and waited for them to proceed.

"You recieved this mission because of two humans. Ashley Lucia Miraldi and Alana Sophia Gracen Emerson. The fate of these two girls seems to be intertwined but the reason is unknown. we cannot clearly see into the lives of these two girls." Ezikiel finished. As he said that I could feel my jaw drop.

"But that's impossible," I stated. " You are the Archangels. You should be able to see into anyones lives."

"That is true. But for these two girls, their lives are blocked, by a powerful source. We only know that they are both powerful but one more so than the other. Neither are who they say they are. And one does not even know who she is. But, we have reason to believe that Alana could be of great help to us. It is your mission to keep her safe and to try to get her on our side. But as it would seem, The Fallen are against you. You mustn't let Dimitri corrupt her. Or Ashley. We fear Ashley is a powerful evil." Gabriel said. So, Alana was part of my mission. But I was still confused.

"What about Alana's friend, Elizabeth? And if Alana is so powerful, how did we not know this? How did she not know? Could she be..." I started but was interrupted by Uriel.

"Stop. we do not have all the answeres right now Leo. We do believe that Elizabeth could be involved, too. And many are the plans of the Lord. We do not know everything. We must trust Him in this more than ever. It is not often that we are blinded and when we are, shocking events unfold. Leo, you must preotect them. Both Alana and Elizabeth. Do not let them be corrupt. We will let you choose six friends to help you but that is all we can do. When we are blinded we cannot be of much help. It is up to you, Leo. Now go. Your mission has begun."