The Start of Something Good

Dimitri

One day. It had been one day and I was already sick of this Ashley chick. She just did NOT shut up. Always blabbering on in that annoying, high pitched, whiney voice that grated on my nerves. On and on she talked about being Queen of the school, hating school, loving me, and "That annoying mute chick and her weirdo side kick." I was about to snap. The only reason I was even doing this was to bring this chick down and hopefully help Alana. So, it didn't help hearing all her degrading remarks about Alana. But I had to play along. I had to keep this facade up.

"How were you and Alana friends anyways? I can't even fathom having to deal with someone like Her.I asked. She looked up at me with a smirk.

"Well, I was never actually friends with her. It was a fake. She's always been pathetic." She answered. I looked at some of her "friends" who were sitting with us and watched as they cringed or looked at her in shock. I would have to find out what that was all about. " So anyways, I was thinking we could do something tonight," She said, her voice dropping. I think she was trying to sound sexy but she just sounded gross... and desperate.

"Hmm, Sorry I have plans." I answered with a smirk and watched as her face changed from pouty to shocked and quickly back again.

"Oh well, whatever. To bad for you." She huffed and jumped up, storming away from the table. I started to grin but quickly hid it when one of the girls spoke up.

"You shouldn't have done that if you want to stay on her good side. She's changed... a lot, and she will ruin you if you mess with her," Said a girl with curly black hair, hazel eyes, and pale skin. She looked to real to be friends with Ashley but Ashley was Queen. And it seemed no one stood up to her. But I was confused by what she had said. Changed? The way Ashley talked she acted like she had always been this way.

"What do you mean changed?" I asked. Another girl, this one with chopped, hazelnut colored hair and blue eyes, looked up and spoke.

"Don't let her fool you. She wasn't always like this. Actually things have only been like this for a..." She started but before she could finish, a timid looking girl hit her on the shoulder.

"You've already said to much," The girl said. "And if Ashley finds out it will be you whose ruined. He'll find out soon enough."

"No he won't. Not with the way things are going." Said the black haired girl. I felt lost. Like I had just stumbled into the middle of something huge. And it made me want to find out Alana and Ashley's secrets even more.

"Yes, he will. THEY are coming back. And then things will really take off. All heck is gonna break loose, soon. Now come on. We've said to much and we need to stay off of Ashley's bad side. You guys KNOW why." Said the timid girl and with that the three of them stood and walked away.

Now I was really interested. Something huge was going on. And it could have to do with why Leo was here. Even so, this was the most interesting thing that had happened to me in centuries. And that's huge. I AM an Angel after all.