The Artist's Daughter (Chap 1)

Dedicated to AdiAdaya because she was my first fan! 

Heyy guys! Right... so now I am trying to write a longer story which contains chapters. This is the first chapter I wrote and I would be really greatfull if you could comment, fan, and vote on this story, it would really encourage me!! <3 <3 On the right there is also a picture of Emma Roberts as Alice Spence.....!

And there is also a song by Taylor Swift----------------> Sparks Fly

"Copy Rights All Reserved"

==========================================================================================================================================================

I just came back from my concert in Paris. I was so tired that all that I wanted to do was sleep on my comfy hotel bed. The company that I work for gives me hotels where ever my next concert is. I am a musician; I play violin and sing at concerts around the world. Anyway, just as I was going to bed, I heard Taylor Swift sing "Sparks Fly". It's my favourite song. Anyway, I answered it.

"Hello?" I said

"Hi, am I speaking to Alice?" the stranger asked

"Yes, my name is Alice and may I know who am I speaking to?" I asked the stranger

"Hahaha looks like you've forgotten me already. It's me Liam" said Liam with a humorless laugh.

"Oh. I am sorry Liam, is there a reason that you called me?" I asked.

"Erm... yeah. Robert had another stroke and he is at the City Hospital. It's pretty serious this time. He wants you to come home as soon as possible" said Liam in his Scottish accent.

"What?! Why didn't you call me before? When did this happen?" I shouted down the phone.

"It happened yesterday. You've got to come now! He needs you more than me" said Liam.

"Yeah, Yeah I am coming on the next flight. Got to pack; see you later!"

"Alright, see you later" said Liam.

I was so worried about my dad. He has suffered from 2 other strokes in his life but this one sounds really bad. I started to pace around my room. I just didn't know what to do first! Finally after some pacing, I rang my manager Emily Parker. It was on voicemail so I left her a message, "Hey Emily, this is Alice. I have an emergency back at home in London so I have to go so cancel any concerts that I might have to attend. I will call you again when I get home. Bye and take care".

Then I packed all my clothes and accessories and my lovely violin. Grabbing my coat, hat, scarf and gloves; I went downstairs to sign out of the hotel and called a taxi. It took the taxi driver 10 minutes to reach me. I was so annoyed at him. It was freezing cold outside. You couldn't stand 5 minutes in this kind of weather and that stupid driver made me stand 10! Anyway, I still got on the car and told him to drive me to the airport. Once I was at the airport, I bought a ticket to London and went to the booking stall to book my luggage and my precious violin in its case. The guy on there was staring at me but I tried to ignore him. He was still looking at me with great interest and it got on my nerves so I shouted at him.

"What the HELL are you looking at?!! Do I look from another planet?! Just do your work and get lost before I lose my temper even more and go to your manager and fire you! Got it?!" I shouted. By now I was attracting a lot of attention; but I didn't care. I was just too stressed out because of my dad. Poor him, he must be suffering really badly, I thought. I went to the waiting room and sat down. Finally some peace at last! I closed my eyes and sighed. Then suddenly, I felt someone looking at me really closely so I opened my eyes. When I opened it, I was terrified that I screamed! Now you must be thinking I am an idiot or something but trust me, when someone is that close to you when you open your eyes, it's really frightening. "W-What a-are you doing?" I stuttered still in fright.

"You are the famous singer and the violinist! Alice Spence! You've got to teach me how to play violin, it's my favourite instrument!" said the little girl in front of me.

"Erm...well I am not sure. I mean where are your parents?" I asked the little girl politely.

"Oh well they were so tired from their last journey that they fell asleep on the chairs! And by the way, my name is Scarlett" said the little girl while giggling. She seemed so sweet, I thought.

The girl was still looking at me. I think her mind is set. She isn't going to leave me alone. Oh well, I am not going to get some rest now so let's talk to her, I thought.

"So tell me Scarlett, how old are you?" I asked the little girl.

"I am 8 years old. I am in class 3 and my best friend is Marie Thomas." Said Scarlett

"Oh that's great" I said to her.

"Will flight number EK201, please go to terminal 3 for their flight to London" the girl through the speakers said.

"Ooh, well Scarlett it was very nice meeting you. However, I am afraid that I have to go now" I said smiling down at her.

I walked to my terminal 3 towards my plane. However, what I didn't know was that my life would take a drastic turn from here...

=======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

So guys.. what did you think?? What will happen to Alice when she goes to London?? Well, to find out, you've got to wait until I upload the next chapter!!!

write your opinions to me, I will really appreciate it!! <3 <3

Love you all!!

Samiya <3