The Artist's Daughter (Chap 11)

Hello everyone! Thanks so much for waiting for this update! Hope you enjoy it! <3

Chapter 11

I heard the birds chirping loudly outside my and Rosie’s bedroom window. I hate it when they start making their noises when I’m trying to sleep. Some people would say that they would love to be woken up early in the morning by the birds and the sun shining in through the bedroom curtains. However, I am completely opposite to it! I prefer warm bed with no one interrupting my precious sleep. It’s not that I hate nature; it’s just that I don’t like it when they interrupt me doing something that I love. I don’t even know why I was thinking about nature so early in the morning. To be honest my brain doesn’t work until I’ve had a nice shower and food in my tummy.

I showered quickly and got dressed in dark washed skinny jeans with a loose red and white checker shirt and my red toms. It’s beginning of March so it’s not as cold as it was when I came back from Paris. Wow, that seems like ages ago! 

I went to Rosie’s side of bed and tried to wake her up but she just murmured a “Go away!” So, I went downstairs, leaving Rosie there to sleep, to make something for myself. When I opened the fridge, I saw eggs, milk and butter. Looking at those three ingredients, I decided to make French crepes.  I took salt, flour and sugar from the cabinets and started making crepes.

 Gosh, it’s been so long when I had my last French crepes. I probably had them in Paris! I had been so busy with the choir practice, renovating the flat and visiting Liam’s place to check on dad everyday that I hardly ate anything! And yes, dad, he came back after a month as he promised but didn’t tell me or Liam why he went to Italy in the first place. I tried asking him once or twice but he just gave vague answers and then changed the topic. I decided not to ask him again about it until everything settles down in place and when we have moved back in the flat and when he is completely healthy. We still had to go to the doctors to have him checked up after every two weeks.

Just as I was thinking about it all while mixing up the batter for crepes, Rosie comes up behind me and decided to scare the shit out of me by shouting “Hello, good morning sunshine” in my ear. I flinched at the loud noise. One of Rosie’s terrible habits is to scream or shout in people’s ears’ which is very weird and annoying; especially in the early morning.

“What is it, Rose?”

“What ya makin’, Ally?”

“French Crepes, but you are not getting any of them.” I said to her.

“Aww come on! Don’t be harsh on me; you know I love frenchie crepes!” Rosie whined like a little five year old.

“Nope, you make them yourself. And besides, I only made enough batter for myself and I can’t be bothered to make more, not after you nearly burst my ear drum!”

I made 3 large crepes and spread lemon juice and sugar on it. On the other hand I made instant hot chocolate and sit down on the breakfast bar to enjoy my breakfast while Rosie watching and pouting at me. I decided to tease her a little bit more.

“Ohh Rosie....hmmm...this is soo good!” I told her while closing my eyes and chewing the crepes really slowly.

“Arrghh, it’s not fair! I can make much better crepes than you. I’ll make them now” Rosie puts on a determined facial expression on and rolls up her sleeves and starts taking out all the necessary ingredients needed.

20 mins later............

“Ally, look I’ve made crepes! Do you wanna check it out?”

“Let me see first, I don’t trust you” I say jokingly.