Fifteen

I can feel a hand softly stroking my hair as I slowly wake up from my sleep, still too lazy to open my eyes. I'm laying on my stomach, using Luke's chest as a pillow, and my legs are tangled to his. I tighten my grip around his waist when the memories of the day before play on my mind, making me feel instantly like shit again. It's like I feel horribly uncomfortable in my own body, I don't wanna wake up and look in Luke's eyes.

I'm not gonna apologize to him or anything, it's not like I've done something wrong, I was just confused, that's why I ended up acting stupid and mean. Well, not mean, it wasn't mean to tell Luke he was just sex for me, he doesn't even care. I'm guessing it was harder for me to say that than for him to hear it. And then again, I'm in disadvantage. All my acting last night was good for nothing.

I'm taking out of my sleepy and upsetting thoughts when Luke places a soft kiss in my forehead, causing me not to be able to avoid a small smile to form on my lips, hearing him letting out a low laugh right after.

"I can see you smiling, stop being so lazy and wake up already" He says, messing my hair slightly.

I groan, hiding my grin in his chest "What time is it?" I mumble.

"Mhm..." He moves on the bed, and I grumble, turning to lay on my back as he grabs his phone "Almost 2pm"

I only nod slowly, still with my eyes closed, but I open them soon enough when Luke pecks my nose, just to face him supporting himself with an elbow and looking down at me, closer than I expected.

"You okay?" He asks, his eyes, filled with concern, focused on mine.

I take a deep breath and divert my gaze from him, talking low "I don't know..." I reach for his messy hair, playing softly with it and look up at him "Are we?"

He gives me a small smile and rolls his eyes, one of his hands slipping to my waist and pulling me closer "You're my fucking best friend Hailey" He pecks my lips and it's my turn to roll my eyes, making him smirk at me "We're cool"

"Our best friends relationship is so beautiful that it even crosses boundaries, huh?" I joke, referring to him kissing me.

He laughs "Of course! We're close friends, duh" He says, taking my chin and pressing his lips against mine once again, a few butterflies waking up on my stomach.

I let out a low laugh, pulling away  from the kiss slightly "You're such a perv"

He laughs and gets off the bed, walking through the room on his boxers "You're the one provoking me, put some clothes on, girl" He says tossing his own shirt at my face.

I put it on, after sending him a moody look, and grab my panties from the armchair in my room, getting up and running my fingers through my hair, trying to make it look as presentable as possible.

"I'm hungry" I complain, following him to the kitchen.

He serves a cup of coffee, that he probably made, while talking "Yeah, well, you better go to the market, there's nothing to eat in here"

I groan "I better get myself a job, I'm running out of money" I say, grabbing the cup, but I frown as I realize the bruises on Luke's fingers "What happened to your hand?"

He pulls a face and I notice a slight blush on his cheek "Oh, yesterday when you left... Mhm, Jake got out of the bathroom" He scratches the back of his neck, clearly uncomfortable "Well, that's when I realized what had happened"

I raise my eyebrows, surprised "You fought him?"

"Yeah... It wasn't a really fair fight though, he was completely wasted. Josh had to drag me away from him" His voice is low and he looks down, almost ashamed.