I remember everything! (Chapter 18)

3rd POV

Hunter lay in her cot, restlessly tossing and turning, her blanket left abandoned on the floor. Sweat had her bangs clinging to her forehead. Curling into a tight ball, low whimpers escaped her pink lips. Her eyeballs shifted rapidly beneath her lids as memories flooded her mind.

“Show ‘em what you can do, baby-girl!” Captain Weaver shouted as he watched Hunter pull out a pistol from the holster on her thigh. Tom, Hal, Ben, Matt, Anne, Maggie, and a few others stood in a group a few feet away from the fiery red-head, eagerly waiting for what was about to happen.

Hunter smirked and raised her gun. She closed her right eye, carefully lining up her shot. She fired, all ten bullets hitting their target. She glanced over her shoulder, smirking when Weaver gave her a satisfied nod. Tom folded his arms, the look on his face clearly indicating that he was impressed. Hal whistled low. Felix clapped excitedly, hopping up and down. Ben smiled and gave her a thumbs up. She holstered her gun, blushing slightly at the look Ben had given her.

Hunter rolled over on her side, wiping the sweat from her brow.

“Ya know I could use some company” Hunter smiled at the little boy before her. “What do ya say? Wanna tag along?”

“W-why would y-you want me hanging a-around?” he hiccupped as he wiped his drippy nose in his sleeve.

“Well, I can’t just leave you here by yourself” she shrugged. “Besides, it could be fun. So what do ya say, Kiddo?” Hunter held out her hand with a smile.

He looked at her hand before reluctantly slipping his hand in hers.

“Before I forget, what’s your name Kiddo?” Hunter cocked her head to the side.

“Felix…” a small smile appeared on his face “…Felix Donovan.”

Hunter flipped over on her stomach, covering her head with her pillow. A painful scream escaped her mouth, the pain in her head becoming harder to bear.

Hunter lay in the tall grass, staring dreamily at the stars twinkling above. She loved staring at the stars. There was something about the night sky that simply mesmerized her.

“Thought we might find you here” a voice said, making Hunter come back to Earth.

She pushed herself up so she was resting on her elbows. Looking over her shoulder, she smiled at the two boys. They walked over and plopped down on either side of her.

“Daydreaming again?” the boy on her left asked a gentle smile on his face. His light brown hair gently blowing in the breeze.

Hunter giggled “maybe a little.”

“Daydreaming about me again, babe?” the boy on her right smirked seductively.

Hunter rolled her eyes, grinning “in your dreams, Logan.”

Logan wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. “Playing hard to get, huh? Man you know how to drive a man wild” he purred into her ear.

“Please guys, I’m sitting right here” the other boy covered his eyes.

“I think someone’s jealous” Logan snickered.

“Aw, don’t worry Jack, there’s plenty of me to go around” Hunter joked as she pulled him into a hug.  She pecked his cheek, making him blush a vibrant red. Logan and Hunter burst out laughing, holding onto one another for support.