Chapter 9

Tony, of course, woke up the earliest. He never tried to waste time because he was strict with his own schedules. He was always the early bird, even though he somehow gets up late sometimes.
He got down from the wall and saw Sketch sleeping soundly on the couch. He smiled at himself.
He went down on his knees and gently prodded Sketchbook.
"Wakey, wakey! Time to get up early!" he sang, rhyming words.
Sketch stirred up and yawned. She got a little startled but she nevertheless covered it up. She smiled.
"Hey, Tony." Her voice was soft. Of course, since she've just waken up.
"Hurry, now, dress up in your cult clothes. Shrigs will need us early."
Shrigs? Sketch wondered as she hopped down from the couch, accompanied by Tony, his ticking somehow comforting her.
Are they close or something? Or he just did consort with Shrignold?
Tony picked Sketch up and carried her to Manny's room. The clothes were already sprawled on the floor, waiting for the duo to just put them on.
Sketch put hers on and felt like a hero.
But she felt depressed again.
She tried not to cry. She didn't want Tony to think that she was a crybaby.
"Remember, we're just watching them—no, observing— their surroundings so we can figure out how to break this... curse settled upon us."
"Okay", Sketch said, hopping towards the door.
"Don't leave without me", Tony said harshly but with a ting of love and admiration in his voice. "Anyways, you can't reach the doorknob."
"Are you blind?" Sketch said, reaching out to a small round thing that looked like a doorknob. "The puppets built a really small door for me. Just right."
The small door creaked open, and Sketch hopped out.
Tony sighed. Sketch did not listen to him, although she was quite cute.

They grabbed pizzer first before going outside.
Sketch shivered, freezing.
"The air feels cold today, isn't it?" she told Tony.
"Well, it's because it's still early. Now try to be quiet."
The wind still howled, blowing the rims of their clothes.
"What's that?" Sketch gasped, pointing at a thing that looked like somewhat a bee.
"It's Shrignold", Tony said. "He's coming to fetch us."